Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

replace 1050xxx 3000 with a 3100 controller
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, you da man!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And I was trying to keep that a secret....
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

palmerhg
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see you guys don't mind piling on from time to time. Finding a solution to a problem is not a pissing match. I would like to think we would all agree that KIP is part of the problem and has chosen not to be part of the solution.

You guys and this forum are a great resource and led me to two solutions to a problem with the white box:

I was able to install a 3100 black box (w/3100 IF card) in a 3000 1050xxxx machine with a minor modifications to the housing. Exactly opposite of what KIP told me.

I did send my motherboard off to get the capacitors replaced. Sent to Chris at badcaps.net. The board looked like new when it came back with most of the capacitors being replaced. Total cost with express service was just over $100. Yes, I highly recommend badcaps.net as an alternative to replacing caps yourself.

Thanks to all who contributed to the solution including those down under.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First off congratulations on solving your problem. Secondly, go back and reread this posting. When you didn't get the answer you wanted you began to lambaste KIP for not disclosing their software "secrets" to you. Why would they?? KIP paid the development costs to create software that works most of the time, why give it to you or anyone else...it's not shareware. I'm happy that you're a part of this forum, you sound like a fairly bright guy. And yes we do pile on from time to time, that's part of the fun exchanging opinions and knowledge here. If anything I, or anyone else for that matter, says is offensive to you don't play in this sandbox. Personally I'd be lost without the help and harassment I receive here.......although those who disagree with me are always delusional.....

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.....guess I was right.....who knew.....this whole post could have ended on the 20th of March!

And PERFECTLY said Mark.....someone got upset that a company didn't just give them something for FREE.....#PilingOn

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jezebel09, thank you for not being delusional at this time.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: