Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP Color
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pq
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: KIP Color Reply with quote Back to top

all I hear are crickets - what's the word, bird?

Techsense
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: KIP Color Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.printweek.com/print-week/product-news/1151518/kip-shows-800-series-colour-toner-printers

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP had another picture on their Facebook page from Fespa showing what looked like a redesigned rear auto stacker on what looks like a refreshed C7800 since the colors on the back & top of the machine didn't look right.
Back and top should be black.

Pictures seems to be missing from FB now. Wonder if it got pulled or I just cant find it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16549090/KIP1.jpg

Also looks likes a KIP 7170 hiding behind the tree on the left, but to me it looks a little too wide to be a 7170.

850/860/870/880 should be good for business. Just need specs and pricing.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin, that's not a 7170, it's the 800 in the article in link that Techsense provided.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee

If you look at both pictures closely, the link for the article on the 800 series shows on the 800 the touch screen is on the left.

The link I have (if you look in the back left) shows what looks like a 7170 & shows the touch screen on the right. There's also a bigger black feed table for the scanner, and the top toner door is slanted back at about a 30 degree angle. The new 800 doesn't have this. I could be wrong, but it sure looks wider than a 7170.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What CHILLIN said
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillen, you are correct. It's the plant that got me all mixed up. You can see the stacker and the C7800 in the back of the KIP800 picture. So, the printer you are referencing is actually on the other side of that stacker, closer to that blue KIP sign....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've been messed up on plants more than once.......

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

plants, alcohol, pills...........

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just living la vida loca

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Smoke'em if you got'em..... Wink

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone seen the color 940 and have any opinions to give? Been tasked to look into the newer options for color.
I am still not sure I am buying the sales pitch of the "page wide" from HP, or the "Memjet" technology for that matter. Any opinions there?

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... that was supposed to be a new thread. Must not have had enough coffee!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the KIP 940 will be good. I have looked at the PageWide from HP, and the Memjet technology from Xerox, OCE/Canon & Reprotech makes one to.

I may not be 100% correct on this, but HP is making their own Memjet technology and the others are leasing the technology from Memjet. I'm sure the HP product will good. Most of what HP builds is a good product. I think the speed spec are probably not what they claim to be.

I know the Xerox & Reprotech that I saw at the show was printing big long 20 foot prints. It look really fast, but what they don't figure into the printing speed is the cleaning cycle they have to go through. I was told at the show that the Xerox & Reprotech has to clean the printheads every 5 cuts. Great if your running 20ft prints, but who does that? Most pages are 36x24. So if you do the math it more like 4 foot per minute average.

The HP every video I saw of it printing, it printed 15 pages or 30 feet which is what I think the speed specs are (30 ft/min) then for some reason the machine stopped printing. One demonstration the guy said it must have run out of paper. Most likely it needed to do a cleaning cycle. On the Reprotech machine the cleaning cycle was around 2 minutes.

Another thing I think is that there is no way that Ink on an inkjet can compete price wise with toner. Black toner on the KIP 940 for a 5% coverage on the page is less than a penny a Sq/Ft MSRP. Color is probably around a penny per sq/ft.

The other thing I did hear was that all KIP machines from the 770 through the 9900 and 940 can be moved through a standard single door. The 9900 you do have to remove the fuser section to do this but it easy to do and doesn't take to long. Even the 940 will go through a standard door frame. I think the new 800 series KIP you will have to remove the rear of the machine as well. From what I was told the HP you will not be able to get through a standard door and it can not be taken apart to get it through. Seem trivial, but I think that's a mistake on HP.

The 940 looks like KIP just addressed a few issues that the C7800 had.
a REFRESH of the C7800 and lowered the MSRP price $15,000.

Here's a list of changes to the KIP 940.

Exterior:
• The KIP C940 has curved front top covers.
• The cover and back door match paper deck color.
• The back door is more rigid.
• A new power cord retention strap is included, to prevent accidental removal.
• Bigger touchscreen 12.1"
• The monitor is located on the left side of the machine and can easily be adjusted for individual viewing, and includes two front USB ports.
• The printer uses System K software.
• The embedded controller is called KCS using Windows 7 Embedded Standard 64bit OS.
• USB is used for communication between the controller and the printer’s Main Control Board.
• The I/F board & LVDS cable for IF/8 communication is not required.
• Printer’s Main Control Board is changed and uses different Firmware and FPGA from the C7800.
• A/C Terminal board. Power Switch and Controller Relay (now Solid State) are changed to comply with newer Energy Star requirements.
• A larger more powerful Fuser Motor for durability.
• Change the regulation roller (harder surface) to reduced unwanted background on some specialty Medias.
• Density/ Color Registration sensor bracket changed for ease of assembly and calibration.
• Change the position of screws for the Transport Belt Separation Guide for ease of removal/ installation.
• Modified the sliders under the Developer Unit for reliability.
• Change the material of Web Slide Rail – to metal.
• KIP C940 Stacker is redesigned from the C7800, lowering the height for ease of print removal.
• The KIP 940 toner cartridges are different.
• The KIP 940 controller, uses high speed USB to communicate directly with the printer and no longer requires an internal I/F card.
• Serial Number is programmed into the printer’s Main Board for System key code function/ activation.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Chillin. That was what I was looking for. Confirms a lot of what I was thinking. Cleaning cycles is a concern of mine.
HP wasn't thinking when they didn't make it go through a standard door. That will be a major problem for one of our locations. With some disassembly even the Oce 9800 would fit through a door.

Have you used the new Kip software? Any opinions on it? Do you know if HP will have anything like it? It seems HP hopes to replace toner machines and I just don't see it, especially if they don't have an application to create print jobs similar to Kip Print, Oce reprodesk or PLP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: