Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Bad Ascii job ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Bad Ascii job ticket Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with a 3000 that is printing from a Mac over wireless to the printer via Print Net. Everything was working fine up until yesterday when every file he sent came out like this : Bad ASCII Job Ticket: D:\Monpath1\Request\MIVPXAYB\MIVPXAYB.Kip I was hoping that someone could shed some light on what I can do to resolve this.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried anything to resolve this? Like run check disk or clear out the Monpath1\request folder?

Do the internal test prints come out?

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't had the chance to go out there yet, I wanted to have a couple of options to try before I got there.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool.

I would start with trying an internal test print. Then clear D:Monpath1\request then check disk.

I hope this helps.

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the tips! I'll let you know how it turns out.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just a single user that is having the issue or is it multiples?

I would also go with the previous suggestion as PrintNET is running from the printer controller and it is creating the job ticket on the controller; unlike from KIP Print/Request or the printer drivers....they do this remotely and then send the data over.

A bad job ticket is something that is corrupted in the .kip file and/or the KIP Unattend program cannot read what is in the job ticket for some reason....again odd since PrintNET is generating it.

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's just a single user. I attempted to run check disk, and after shutting everything down for the restart all I get now is a blank screen from the IPS. It's getting power but no display whatsoever.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check disk can take some time to run. During this time the screen will be black and you should not power cycle the printer because it will start check disk back from the start.

How long have you waited for it to come back up?

KipCody
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I waited for about 10 minutes or so. Still a blank screen, so I brought the IPS back to the shop to check a couple of things out and it fired right up on the bench. So i'm going to go back to my customer's office and see if it works again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: