Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Scanner takes paper but wont start scanning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Scanner takes paper but wont start scanning. Reply with quote Back to top

I have a KIP 3000 that will not scan and will take the paper but then will not start the scan. It just sits there and does nothing. Any hints?

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you look at the top right portion of the screen, you should see a 'circle' that looks like a power indicator. What color is that indicator? If it is any other color than Green, then there is no communications with the scanner.

You can also see this by looking at the '?' under Firmware....if there is no value listed, then again, there is an issue with the scanner communicating with the IPS.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes all of the signes point to everything is ok and ready. The scanner says its ready then i put a sheet in and it scans half of a 24x36 and then stops and the screen goes back to the scan to file or copy screen with the options. I remove the paper. The 5th LED light turns red on the board and then i shut the lid and it goes back to read on the board but says that it is not connected now. So if i restart it, it will come back do the half sheet then disconnect. I tried a different board but the same thing happend. The firmware for the machine is 105x13b and i am sure firmware for the scanner is not what its supposed to be. I havent' had the time to look. Although it was working before we took it to the place we set it up at. I am going to try just replaceing the whole scanner assembly.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version 3000 do you have? 1050 or 1051? Sounds like the classic scanner board issue. You said you replaced it but what board did you replace?

Some times you can reload firmware to the board to fix this but make sure you are using the correct version.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a 1050 SN# and i didn't load firmware on this one. I replaced the board with one i knew was working and it was the Main board. I am just replacing the complete scanner with one i have in the office for now. but will have to try those suggestions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: