Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7000 ips printing light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: 7000 ips printing light Reply with quote Back to top

I have narrowed it down to the developer. I have taken the developer to another location and problem follows the developer.
The printer will print great for awhile then all of a sudden print really faint prints. If i remove the developer and turn on and off a couple of times I can get it to print.
I have replaced several gears and are waiting on the rest to replace them all.
I have replaced the supply roller and bearings.
I am kinda shooting in the dark, so any suggestions would be great.
I place a good developer side by side to the bad one and they look and rotate the exact same.
I have replaced by earth grounding plates on machine.
Sorry for babbling but....
Everytime I come out here I think I have it licked but then get a call the same problem is happening.
Where could I be shorting? In the developer itself.

Thanks for any help.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you replaced the bearings? They can wear out and cause shorting.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could the developer be starving of toner? When it prints light how much toner is in the developer?

Jammin
intern

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes i have replaced all six bearings developer roller and supply roller and regulation roller.

The devo will print fine for 25-35 sheets then it will print light again.
I have replaced everything except the developer roller.

i will replace that roller when it arrives.
If I tske out the unit and reseat it wil comes back sometimes.
I know I have some sort of short or something is not making contact. just cannot find what i am missing.

I am working on it later today and will keep u posted.

Thanks

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reason I ask about the toner level is if it is low and starving for toner.
If the toner cartridge or toner cartridge motor is not working correctly and maybe even the toner sensor.
When you remove the developer unit from the machine and reinstall it, the machine is going to check the toner level and may add some toner. It might just add enough to get a few good prints out then goes light if it cant add toner as fast as toner is being used.

If you think it's a short. Check on the backside (side with the toner sensors) of the developer unit there is a ground screw that I think has 2 wires attached to it. Make sure it's tight. I have seen this come loose, but if you think you have a devloper unit short you should be getting and error code. Something like an E-51(Cool thru E-51(F).

Good luck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: