Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Touchscreen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Touchscreen Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, I have a customer with a 1050xxxxxx KIP3000 and the touchscreen keeps randomly going blank. I went there yesterday and the touchscreen was blank, the power lights were ON, under the cover behind the screen. So thinking the controller is dead, but it too is on. I press the power button on the controller to shut it off (leaving the printer on) and then I unplug and reseat the VGA and USB cables behind the controller. I reboot and the touchscreen comes back on with the controller. We are able to use the screen to Scan, Copy and whatever. Customer just called and said the touchscreen is blank again. I'm going back out there in a bit. I hate intermittent issues because you can't rely on it staying fixed when it looks fixed.. They have the old "white" controller. Is this a sign that something is on it's way out the door?

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

probably time for controller update to the new style black box controller. i have one in stock if you need it.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so when it drops the VGA, it also drops the NIC on the MOBO. There is power to the controller but nothing on the screen and am unable to communicate with the controller via PING, VNC, Printnet, etc. I'm going to say that it's probably a bad MOBO. KIP wants me to try a new HD first, but even if the HD was bad wouldn't I see some type of BIOS on the screen?

Steve, PM me a price. I'm just still weighing my options. We've also been trying to get them to get a new printer anyways. This isn't a small mom pop shop, they have over 500 employees and satellite offices all over the world.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: