Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

HP DJ 1050 Noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: HP DJ 1050 Noise Reply with quote Back to top

Hello All

I have a 1050 that is working just fine except it makes a Loud Clicking
sound every time it makes a pass in and out of the left hand side housing.
I know there is a Lever sticking up there and it seems thats the culprid but
i've checked another unit and it looks the same. Any idea why its striking that lever and making a noise ?

Thanks
Bill

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would check the cutter assembly on the carriage to make sure it is not out of place.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it only does it when going to the left side it is most likely the clutch. Either broken or out of place, in my experience it is usually broken and needs replaced.

http://www.partshere.com/online/detail.asp?partno=C6072-60151

Bill
intern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just so you all know it was the top cover pushing down on the carriage cable that was making that noise. I just put pressure upward on the black piece of metal where the ribbon cable runs back and forth. It happened again last month on another unit.

Bill

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like the top plastic piece of the carriage may not be fully locked down... (i just had this call a couple weeks ago on a 60"5500 with thae same clicking and that was it in my case) Ive had that clicking when the trailing cable is bent damaged where it exits the carriage as well as the broken clutch mentioned earlier and on some machines if the belt tension isnt correct the metal clip on the belt cant bounce around and make contact at almost every pass at the right velocity.
Ive never had the black metal channel on the top of the machine be bent and cause the issue... you may have gotten the problem to go away that way but I would be cautious that something else is still out of place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> HP Plotter Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: