Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Washed out right side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Washed out right side Reply with quote Back to top

Last week, I had a customer that was printing a job on 36" paper and all the prints were washed out on the right side, from the side edge inwards to about 8 inches. It looked as if the LED was covered with toner, just like the 7100s. I went in and cleaned the LED and the corona assy's (which were not very dirty at all). Then I put everything back together. The entire job was reprinted and everything looked great. Then I decided to run the internal test print of the 36x24 HP-RTL print. The lines and grays look nice but the entire block on the right was just a light gray shading. You can make out the image but it's very light. I reran the customer's job and it looked great, so I left it for the time being.

This morning, the customer called and said that the right side is washed out again. I'm not sure what it could be. The printer only has 42,000 SF on it. Any suggestions? I'm heading back out there shortly.

Cobra
medical school senior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer with the same problem. It's not consistent. I've yet to see the 7770 do it, but they have sample prints each time. The LED assembly is properly grounded and there isn't any toner on the LED. Just 80K on the machine

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4th day, still at it. It's so touchy, it'll fade out the right side and you can open/close a drawer or shut it down and reboot and then it'll be fine for a while then do it all over again, which makes it hard to troubleshoot when there is no errors.

rpscdm
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had one with this same problem, I ended up replacing the sensor for the developer press motor. It's one of the 9000100811 sensors that have been failing. No problems since.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Were you experiencing the same things I am? Are you talking about the 9000100811 photointerruptor that is to your left when you open the process unit and works with the part on the shaft of the two cams that supposed to push the dev. unit forward?

If the cams were not working, wouldn't the entire image be light or nonexistant. My lightness only occurs on the right side. I'm not doubting you, I would love for tha to be the cure...lol.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How's the level of toner on the right side of the developer unit if you stop the machine right after it prints a light print?

Wondering if it prints light and when you open a deck or reboot, it augers enough toner over to the right side for a few prints?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toner looks good and plentiful. Once I mess around with something/anything, it starts to print fine. I replaced the photointerrutor and now it prints the entire image, but than again, it's been doing this for 4 days now. My only thing is that when I print any heavy gray, there are light streaks through them. If I run the 36x24 HP-RTL air cylinder internal test sheet, the entire sheet looks great except the big dark square where the cylinder image is. The image itself looks very grayed out and not sharp at all and you see very light streaks through it. If I could get that image to print out like every other KIP printer, I would be more confident that this printer is fixed. As of right now, I just feel like I'm going to be called back for the 5th day in a row.[/img]

rpscdm
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the symptoms sound identical to your machine and it is the positioning sensor for the press motor on the left side. I was thinking along those same lines that the entire print should be light but that took care of it for me.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That gives me more confidence now. I'm just wondering if this light streaking is probably a totally different issue. I see the light/dark streaks on the dev. roller also so I'm going to clean the dev. roller and vacuum the supply roller and see if that will take care of the streaking. Hopefully, the right side void/fade won't come back. Thanks.

rpscdm
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck, keep us posted.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I replaced the sensor and still had the light/dark streaks through the large gray areas. I cleaned the developer roller (which was glazed over) and vacuumed the supply roller. After I cleaned the dev. unit, all of the streaking went away and it started printing very solid grays, no streaks visible at all.

Since yesterday, I've been holding my breath about the fading coming back but the customer hasn't called me yet, so as of right now, I think we got it....horray.. Very Happy

gath99
intern

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dlee wrote:
Well, I replaced the sensor and still had the light/dark streaks through the large gray areas. I cleaned the developer roller (which was glazed over) and vacuumed the supply roller. After I cleaned the dev. unit, all of the streaking went away and it started printing very solid grays, no streaks visible at all.

Since yesterday, I've been holding my breath about the fading coming back but the customer hasn't called me yet, so as of right now, I think we got it....horray.. Very Happy

Did you ever get this cleared up? I'm having this exact issue on the right side. I feel like it's a contact or charging issue because as soon as it happens I can flip the power switch and it works fine until it sits idle for a few hours. I've swapped dev roller, drum and both charge units.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced the cam sensor mentioned above for the side void and refreshed the dev. unit (vacuum the supply roller and clean the dev. roller with INX.) for the streaks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: