Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 7770 Fuser bulbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: KIP 7770 Fuser bulbs Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7770 that's went through 3 fuser bulbs (the red connector). The machine is only a year old. Does anyone know what could be causing this, or has anyone seen this happen to any of their machines in the field?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes sir!
KIP recently changed suppliers of the Fuser lamps. If you order a new one it should last.

phan6622
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first set of replacements was purchased in April, and then again in August. Do you know roughly when they switched to the new supplier?

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject: Red tip Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know when they change but the last one I order about a month ago I had to call them back and give them the ser number of the machine

I love my grandkids and My Country
I just don't love what my Govt is doing to MY COUNTRY

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow I was wondering the same thing... 18 years of servicing other "makes" and these failures were rare but I just had one fail on an 9 month old machine. I know the replacement I got was a well known metal halide bulb manufacturer in the reef tank world Smile I think it was "iwasaki" if I remember correctly.

eboucher
resident

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just so everyone knows...Kip in now backordered 2 weeks on fuser lamps. We had to swap a machine out at a customer because of the wait.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eboucher wrote:
Just so everyone knows...Kip in now backordered 2 weeks on fuser lamps. We had to swap a machine out at a customer because of the wait.
Yes we have found this out the hard way as well with a very upset customer. The part is still backordered and the expected ship date has come and gone..

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kip shipped the replacement lamp this week but they are the same ushio model lamps that had been failing so it looks as if they have not switched suppliers.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Augiedoggy wrote:
kip shipped the replacement lamp this week but they are the same ushio model lamps that had been failing so it looks as if they have not switched suppliers.

Most of the KIP lamps are the same from machine to machine.

The difference being 120V vs 220V, the connectors and the element inside.

In a pinch you can use one from another machine you just have to change the leads.

Just make sure you are using the correct lamp. There are three types besides voltage. One with the heater element in the center part of the lamp and the other with the elements on the outsides of the lamp and nothing in the center except a connection wire.

KIP has referred to these as the Main and Backup lamp. Basically one lamp heats the center and the other heats the ends.

If it's a Single Lamp then it has an element all the way through the lamp. In which case you can't use the types that have only elements in the center and edges.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gjames wrote:
Augiedoggy wrote:

Most of the KIP lamps are the same from machine to machine.

The difference being 120V vs 220V, the connectors and the element inside.

In a pinch you can use one from another machine you just have to change the leads.

Just make sure you are using the correct lamp. There are three types besides voltage. One with the heater element in the center part of the lamp and the other with the elements on the outsides of the lamp and nothing in the center except a connection wire.

KIP has referred to these as the Main and Backup lamp. Basically one lamp heats the center and the other heats the ends.

If it's a Single Lamp then it has an element all the way through the lamp. In which case you can't use the types that have only elements in the center and edges.
yes the xerox and fuji units use the same setup on all thier faster machines... those lamps do not fail however... (lI've replaced like 4 in 18 years) We had another #2 lamp fail again today... its happened at least once on all my 7700 and 7770 machines.. Obviously there is an engineering flaw somewhere with the lamp or machine..

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[/quote] yes the xerox and fuji units use the same setup on all thier faster machines... those lamps do not fail however... (lI've replaced like 4 in 18 years) We had another #2 lamp fail again today... its happened at least once on all my 7700 and 7770 machines.. Obviously there is an engineering flaw somewhere with the lamp or machine..[/quote]

There was a manufacturing defect in many of the recent lamps. So I am sure that is what your experiencing.

Also the lamps can last a long time however power issues can cause these to prematurely fail.

Also if you get any OIL or Fingerprints on the glass when you remove/install them they will burn out also. Just like in Car Headlights.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gjames wrote:
yes the xerox and fuji units use the same setup on all thier faster machines... those lamps do not fail however... (lI've replaced like 4 in 18 years) We had another #2 lamp fail again today... its happened at least once on all my 7700 and 7770 machines.. Obviously there is an engineering flaw somewhere with the lamp or machine..[/quote]

There was a manufacturing defect in many of the recent lamps. So I am sure that is what your experiencing.

Also the lamps can last a long time however power issues can cause these to prematurely fail.

Also if you get any OIL or Fingerprints on the glass when you remove/install them they will burn out also. Just like in Car Headlights.[/quote]

Yes I'm very aware of all that. (Thats one of the reasons I only had to change around 4 of them while working on many different model xerox / fuji and ricoh machines for 18 years.) It could very well just be a bad batch of lamps but it must have lasted a while to have effected both 7700 and 7770 models... Reminds me of the bad sensors and hard drives I had to change on many of them... They are not bad machines its just frustrating that they all seem to always have the same failures.. I must have replaced 6 hard drives and over 30 sensors last year alone on my kips and even though I have at least 4 times the population of older xerox machines still out there I replaced like one hard drive and I cant think of a single sensor failure... Its discouraging...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: