Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Toner dusting on the LED head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Toner dusting on the LED head Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so the toner is getting on the LED head and building up. I just did a cleaning about a week ago. The footage inbetween the cleanings is very low. like 5000sq ft. So i looked at the flaps and made sure they were in thier place and also replaced the developer spring for the regulation roller. Let me know if you have any other suggestions. thank you.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My 9900 dusts the printhead real bad and real fast whenever the developer roller gets glazed over. If you see a coating of toner on the drum and a lack of toner on the developer roller it is time to replace the developer roller. I typically clean it 2 times, then it gets replaced. I would estimate I get around 150k squares before it requires cleaning.

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good i will do that. That machines has over half million on it. so it probably needs it badly. Its not printing that bad though. Witch is wierd. I usually get bad prints out with no half tones or light prints when it is going out. Thank you.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My machine has over 4 mill squares on it, and I've replaced the dv roller several times and the entire dv unit twice. It is unfortunate that this seems to be a weak link on this model, the original dv unit lasted a half mill or so and a new one will do the same, the the frequency of required scrubbing and cleanings gets shorter every time you have to touch it. Good luck!

Nathan_Snapper
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so now i have replaced the dev supply roller and the cleaning blade on the machine, it ran fine for a day or two . Then came in one morning and the machine had black marks from left to right like the grid plate was giving off some kind of voltage. So i took out the image unit and cleaned it from head to toe. Then when that was done buttoned up the machine and it had many flaws. It was very light . Hardly could tell there as anything on the paper. Little parts of the darkest spost would show up but thats all. I continued to pull the image unit again and look at it. Nothing wrong. I then proceeded to go into the developer thinking that the side that has the connectors on it were not properly connected and put conductive grease on them. Still no image. I then checked the voltages and they were odd. Where it was supposed to be -300/+3V it was 1.45V and while doing a print it would go to +356 for the bias Negative voltage. I coulnd't make heads of tales of it.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what is the part number you use for a replacement developer roller?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: