Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 ignoring A1 roll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky000
medical school senior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 ignoring A1 roll Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Guys

Long time no speak.

KIP3000 in Oz is going well thanks to all you smarty pants. However, there is an odd issue I can't seem to resolve.

As a bit of background here, the customer is printing directly via Adobe Reader in Windows 8 due to "invalid vector file" errors in KIP Request. Latest printer driver from KIP website was installed on the client machine and Mixed Environment Patch was installed on controller.

Anyway, so when the customer, prints A1 and A2 drawings, I notice it is only pulling from the A0 roll and not the A1 roll.

This is ok for A1 because as we know A0 and A1 share a common length on one of its sides. However, A2 is never going to print right on an A0 sheet so I need some help here.

I have looked at the driver and in Adobe Reader and I can't see anywhere where I can force a particular roll to be used.

Anyone got any ideas?

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you are printing from the Windows driver, there is a setting within KIP PirntNET to 'Save Paper'. This setting will essentially clip the image to the smallest size possible and fit to the closest page size.

This will work using the KIP Windows driver when you are set to KIPGL (HPGL) print language.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jezebel09 wrote:
When you are printing from the Windows driver, there is a setting within KIP PirntNET to 'Save Paper'. This setting will essentially clip the image to the smallest size possible and fit to the closest page size.

This will work using the KIP Windows driver when you are set to KIPGL (HPGL) print language.
Since the customer is trying to print postscript files from adobe wouldnt he want to use the "kipscript" windows driver instead of the kipgl2 to avoid the file conversions and huge rtl files? They would slow the printer waay down and possibly lock it up in processing with larger multipage pdf files? If he uses the hpgl2 driver he wouldnt even be using the ps license unless im missing something?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: