Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Lightness - odd one here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Lightness - odd one here Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 3000-B. New drum, dev rebuild a couple weeks ago but they kept having issue with their gray lines. Black lines are perfect.

This is what I found out by running the 36x24 HP-RTL sample print. If I unscrew and push the scanner all the way open, the gray images on the Air Cylinder Ass'y sample prints are a dark gray. If I push the scanner inwards about half way, the gray images are almost at perfect light gray image. If I close the scanner lid, all the gray is almost washed out and you can hardly make out what the image is.

Yes, I've tried this multiple times, moving the scanner back and forth and same results. I thought maybe the scanner weight had something to do with it but it sits on side rails and doesn't seem to touch any part of the LED/ Charge corona hood.

I've never seen anything like this before. Any clue?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK...easy fix. I had to loosen the two screws on each side that holds the LED/Charge assy (while in transport). I had to loosen the screws and slightly adjust up and down the height of the assy to finally get it to where I needed it.

I guess the weight of the scanner on top or behind the printer did make a difference.

I guess this is a good resolve for anyone else that might run into the same issue.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FYI Dlee

Those shipping brackets can be removed and don't need to be put back in the machine after the print head or main charge assy is removed the first time.
I think in the service manual where the instructions for removing the main charge assy and/or print head it says that.

Also next time you might want to check the silver plate springs that keep the main charge assy pushed in the correct position (down towards the drum when the process cover is closed). The same type are under then Printhead.

If my fuzzy memory is correct there's a TB or Tech Tip regarding these springs for the 3000. Over time the need to be reshaped (bent).
I think after the 3000 they changed the metal of the springs and it doesn't happen on the 3100/7100 etc.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just an FYA (Eff You Always), not an FYI...those samples are pretty much worthless and cause more trouble than they are worth.

NEVER print them for a customer or scan them back in....print them for yourself BEFORE you send the printer to the customer to make sure it is within spec and then NEVER show them again......

The customer prints are the only thing that matters.....once you show them a KIP calibrated print, you are done....

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those test prints are all I've used since KIP started using them with the 3000. Printing out the those patterns can tell you pretty much what going on with the machines.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: