Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Gray Scales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Gray Scales Reply with quote Back to top

I recently installed a KIP 7770 along side their old KIP 3100. The gray scales on the 7770 are considerably lighter than on the 3100. The are using the same CTB file from Autocad going to both printers. I have to adjust the density to darkest to even get close to the same gray tones as the 3100. I have checked the transfer height and transfer voltage as was suggested in another post, but both were already at the correct values.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Gray Scales Reply with quote Back to top

KIP Dude wrote:
I recently installed a KIP 7770 along side their old KIP 3100. The gray scales on the 7770 are considerably lighter than on the 3100. The are using the same CTB file from Autocad going to both printers. I have to adjust the density to darkest to even get close to the same gray tones as the 3100. I have checked the transfer height and transfer voltage as was suggested in another post, but both were already at the correct values.

Is the minimum line width set the same on both machines?

Also you can try turning off the Image enhancements on the 7770. Can't remember where you change the image enhancement settings.

If that doesn't do it then it just may be the way the machine is and there isn't anything that can be done.

May have to talk with KIP and see if anything can be done. It may be a software thing.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I almost lost a customer to an oce because of this... They have a xerox 6279 now but we have a local dealer /competitor who sells both kip and Oce... the customer brought in a black and white photo file to compare the differences to their demo room ... The competitor must get better margins on the Oce since they printed the file at a super low dpi and quality on the kip and it looks great on the oce..they told them the quality is just not there on the kip like the Oce. So of course I assure them somethings not right and print the file using the defaults on a 7100 and the file looks great except the blacks are not as dense and there are slight light bands about every 1/4 inch throughout?

I told the customer the density can be adjusted but I wasn't sure about the bands... plus the 7770 would be the model they would go with anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7770 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: