Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

9900 Background & E-28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markks
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: 9900 Background & E-28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 9900 that will have bad background and also gives error e-28 auto-density error. I suspect it is pulling toner faster than it can add causing e-28.
I have cleaned and re-lubed developer bias contacts. It still gave background. I was going to adjust the bias and when I turned off auto-density to run test print the test print came out with no background. At that point I turned auto-density back on and it still had no background.
It lasted about a week and background came back I resolved issue the same way as before. Did it again about a week later at that time the the bias was adjusted well that only lasted about another week. Today the machine had an e-28 error and the developer was low on toner.
I suspect a bad auto-density sensor. I left auto-density sensor turned off today.
Anyone seen this problem before?
Will it cause any adverse effects leaving auto-density sensor turned off?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I put all of the auto de sity sensor off of all machine I have. Also, if your drum got a lot of print (more than a million sqf) then the background ca. came out from it.

Markks
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for reply. not sure of sq. feet I will check next service call. Leaving auto-density off. Will report back if problem returns.

lead guitarist
intern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have never used the auto density control for two reasons. First is our customer base and ourselves would never put up with the density the machine would produce. Too light and one reason folks like the Kip printer in the first place is the blackness of the blacks versus the Oce which is really a dull grey black.

Second is the algorithm used by kip is way too narrow to allow the machine to replenish itself and stay that way. It's looking for 900 grams of toner in the developer housing in order to print correctly. It should be a resistance factor of toner in the dev housing to control the density, like Xerox used to use!

So the caveat is turn it off and have great looking prints and just a bit more cleaning.

John B.

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: 9900 Background & E-28 Reply with quote Back to top

Markks wrote:
I have a 9900 that will have bad background and also gives error e-28 auto-density error. I suspect it is pulling toner faster than it can add causing e-28.
I have cleaned and re-lubed developer bias contacts. It still gave background. I was going to adjust the bias and when I turned off auto-density to run test print the test print came out with no background. At that point I turned auto-density back on and it still had no background.
It lasted about a week and background came back I resolved issue the same way as before. Did it again about a week later at that time the the bias was adjusted well that only lasted about another week. Today the machine had an e-28 error and the developer was low on toner.
I suspect a bad auto-density sensor. I left auto-density sensor turned off today.
Anyone seen this problem before?
Will it cause any adverse effects leaving auto-density sensor turned off?

There is a flaw in some of the Developers KIP sent out with the machine or as a replacement. It seems there isn't a dust cover. And the 9900 as well as some of the newer high DPI Kip models now create a lot of dusting.

You can makeshift an 8000 developer cover to fit the 9900. Just be careful not to let the cover scrape the dev roller.

As for the auto density and the errors that are associated with it. The top and bottom sensors have to be really clean and if they have a static charge they just collect the toner dust and this throws the machine off and causes it to dust even more.

It was a crappy design on the 9000 and it's not improved on the 9900.

If you can get away with turning off the sensors and maintain proper adjustment it's the best thing to do.

Also it appears on some of the machines the wire heights are all out of wack. And even if you set them to factory settings or to the "new" factory settings from the bulletins you will have on some machine repeats and bad transfers.

It's best to adjust the wires and then run test prints. You can play with the voltages but it doesn't seem to have as much of an effect.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WE too turn the auto density Off and leave it that way.
You need to keep up with the regular maintenance such as wires/LED cleaning and of course replace the drum and dev. roller every now and then.

It causes more problems than it was worth.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: E28 error Reply with quote Back to top

After cleaning the Dev roll and turning off the auto Density I get very light prints. Do I push the LED strobe up to compensate?

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: