Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper missing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John.H
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Paper missing? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody.
I have this 7100 that signals out of paper or roll missing even though the roll is set correctly and was printing a few hours earlier with that same roll. It usually starts working if you open close some of the doors and / or restarting the ips.
I have a slight memory of reading some thread here about door switches that caused this problem but now I am not able to find it.
Does anybody have some ideas about this?

Best regards
John

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good question John, as I seen this happen a couple of days ago myself, the roll length shows up green and full, but the text at the bottom of the screen says it is out of paper. A reboot and it was gone, but I'd be interested in hearing what causes this too. The machine happens to be the only 7100 I have upgraded to Windows 7.

John.H
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, well this one is still running XPE and I was thinking about an upgrade to eventually get around the problem if it somehow was an software error. but if you are having trouble with the upgraded version I am not so convinced anymore...

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True, the only time Ive seen it show up is on this windows 7 printer, I assumed it was a bug in their operating system, since it didn't seem to affect performance I didn't try researching it any further.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: