Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E-000 and Technical service mode problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John.H
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: E-000 and Technical service mode problems... Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody. I'm new here and somewhat new to the KIP world. I've been working as a service technician in the copy business for 15 years and for about 12 years ago I worked with the mita range of wide format copiers such as the 3010/3020 and the Xi8020. So that's about enough backgound I think.

Now to my problem, I am having some trouble with one of our customers UTAX XC9148, which after some research should equal KIP 7170.
(Please correct me if I'm wrong...)

First. It is showing errorcode E-000 (fuser temp rising error) and when trying to reset the errorcode in Technical service mode I am running in to a problem; the machine will not let me in to the Technical service mode. It only states “COMPORT # fail” so my conclusion is that there might be some comunication error between the IPS and the machine itself?
In a somewhat desperate attempt to eliminate the possibility of the software in the IPS being corrupt I reinstalled it from the onboard Ghost image and did the initial install again and entering all the keycodes etc but to no avail, I could still not enter the Technical service mode and it still showed the E-000 code.

Second. I have disassembled the fuser and measured all lamps and thermistors and their values are as specified in the service manual. My guess is that the problem might go away if I set the “Low room temp” to “ON” provided that we somehow can solve the first problem.

So, does somebody have any hints or tips on what to do next, or what could cause these problems?
I am grateful for all help I can get.

Best regards
John

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Displays a COM port number which the IPS uses to communicate
with PW13420 PCB on printer.

need to auto obtain the port number in order to get in service mode or do it manually

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The default com port is typically not the right one used by the KIP, you need to use the auto detect com port and it will tell you which com port is the one being used, then you can log into the IPS from there.

John.H
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so I have tried the different settings for the comport (all of them and the "auto" setting as GRAPHICS-TECH descibed...) and it still renders the comunication error. The only comport that actually responded to any of the settings was COM2 (default was set to COM5, so tjohson were right about the default setting was wrong...) but after returning to the login screen for the technical service mode it still turns in to comport fail...

Any more ideas?
As I said earlier, I am pretty much a babe in the woods when it comes to the software side of the IPS so any tips are more than welcome!

Best regards
John

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Once it detected the correct port did you press the "set" icon? I believe that is what it is called, I don't have a machine to look at, but that saves the changes of the default com port.

John.H
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It was my colleague that visited the customer and tried the settings for the comportwhen it failed. I will be going there myself tomorrow to check all this for myself just to be 100% sure he did not miss anything.

However, I find it slightly odd that the IPS is not configured with the right sittings for the com port as a default but I will absolutely try the settings again.

Another detail is that I now know that the UTAX 9148 translates to the 7100 so I will end this thread here and repost this completely in the 7100 section.
Thank you for the help and please reply any other ideas under the 7100 section.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 7170 is virtually the same machine, Windows 7 instead of XP and a touch screen now instead of a stylus screen. Of all the 71xx series machines I've set up, I have never seen one where the com port was correct fyi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7170 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: