Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Banner paper WITH stacker locks up fuser drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Banner paper WITH stacker locks up fuser drive Reply with quote Back to top

Just did a fuser replacement. Next day, they said the banner paper was jamming, and making a noise. Went back, before they turned it on, checked everything that was replaced. Checked the fuser tension sensor voltage also. Everything appears to be in spec. Did a test of plain paper, 36" wide, up to 10 feet, NO issues. On banner paper, 36" wide, anything larger than 17" will come out of the fuser, go into the stacker, as it starts to exit the stacker (rollers & fan in stacker are turning), it makes a jittering noise, and the fuser drive is not turning. Now, I went into the settings, 206, set it to zero, powered down, disconnected the stacker, powered back up and it runs banner paper perfectly. Ran 6 banners 10 feet long without as much of a hitch!
When you do have the stacker, plain paper feeds into the stacker (plain) fine, but with banner, the paper goes into the stacker, and you see the paper starting to bunch up, forma loop, like either the paper is exiting too fast, or the stacker is turning too slow.
I've gone though everything I can think of, bulletins, tech tips, drawing a blank. What am I missing?

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was told by a 3rd party rep, that "Kips" answer to this is to disconnect the stacker when running banner paper.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: