Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

5000 unnable to print ACad or pdf
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: 5000 unnable to print ACad or pdf Reply with quote Back to top

I have a new customer, with a 5000, that says they are unable to print PDF or Autocad, theysay it doesnt even register. I dont know what versions of software they have yet, but was wondering what some most likely causes could be. any ideas are welcome.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there could be A LOT of reasons that this might happen.

1. PDFs, if printed from Request will need a key code to work properly.
2. AutoCAD - are they using the Windows driver or the AutoCAD driver?
3. Can you print a test page from the Windows Driver?
4. Can you print anything from KIP Request?

There is so much that isn't in this post, it is almost impossible to answer your question or give any guidance.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my apologies on my lack of all encompassing knowledge of this situation, kinda why I asked for some common scenarios, until I can get more info.
1 already said, I dont know the software used. including drivers.
2 new client, just putting out feelers on if anyone has encountered this, at any time
anyone else not too bothered to maybe give a few "sounds like" scenarios to me? as I said not ALOT of info on my side Yet, except I believe they could print pdfs and autocad before this started happening, so I just wanted scenarios, ideas.
if its too much trouble, please dont bother to answer.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think you're taking the answer provided the wrong way. In order to give an answer that has a chance to succeed information is needed. If that's too much bother for you then perhaps you should look elsewhere for help. Getting pissy with other technicians trying to help isn't going to get you very far on this forum.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am quite sure I didn't take it the wrong way. and I really was not being "pissy" I was trying to clarify my wording so as to help facilitate a more productive answer.
My question was a simple theoretical. . I just wanted the same answers anyone else on here gets, or even another question would have helped.
I already knew the obvious, that I needed more information. I just thought I could brainstorm on here as I have seen others do, until I got that information. and didn't appreciate the lecture about my lack of information.That part wasn't helpful. Its not the first time someone posted here with little to no info. Maybe a simple "Could you please give us more information?" would have been a more diplomatic response. or, no response at all. I am truly sorry that my post has bothered you so and will refrain from posting again as I am clearly not suited to doing so.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everything jezebel09 mentioned were legit guidance questions. For your scenario, there would be so many questions on our ends to help you. What you should do is take those questions and call your new client and ask them these questions.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be something as simple as not connected to network or IP address not in proper range.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

< I am truly sorry that my post has bothered you so and will refrain from posting again as I am clearly not suited to doing so.>

That is your loss. I don't get along with everyone on this forum but I at least give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their help with MY issues. Go back over this thread, I don't see anything close to criticism of you from anyone that took the time to respond: except maybe me.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look what you did, Mark. Scared another one away...LOL.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What did I say?

I could have asked if it was plugged in.....

I was merely trying to give some suggestions as to things to ask the customer or possibly elaborate on.

Sorry for being mean....

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's what I do. Maybe he'll rethink this whole thing and join back in. Funny, two of the most knowledgeable people (excluding me) on this forum offer suggestions and look what happens. This kind of thing usually only happens to the Doc.............

Shocked

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take it with a grain of salt Tinne73. It is way to easy to take things out of context on forums, I know this from personal experience lol. I lashed out at Jezebel09 awhile back and felt completely justified at the time but when I went back and re-read it later I realized I had taken it out of context and then wished I never would have reacted in the first place.

It sounds to me like you are trying to assemble a list of possible causes prior to going onsite. If it were me I would follow dlee's advice and contact the customer again before going onsite to ask more questions. Troubleshooting is more often than not a process of elimination. If you want to better your chances of resolving their issue the first time then it would be diligent to eliminate as many possibilities as you can prior to going onsite.

Is the plotter new to them? If so have they even loaded a driver or Request?
Did it print PDF's before with no problem then just suddenly stopped?
If so then are the proper keycodes loaded?

If it was printing fine then just stopped then one of the first things I would check when onsite would be the motherboard to see if it has bloated capacitors.

I hope that makes sense and helps you out some.

All the best,

Jeff

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Placebo wrote:
Take it with a grain of salt Tinne73. It is way to easy to take things out of context on forums, I know this from personal experience lol. I lashed out at Jezebel09 awhile back and felt completely justified at the time but when I went back and re-read it later I realized I had taken it out of context and then wished I never would have reacted in the first place.

I am starting to feel a little bad about my posts here.....wait, that doesn't sound right.....

I am blunt and to the point and I KNOW what I am talking about. Don't take anything to heart as Placebo says; there it nothing personal on any of these forums.

My job is to educate and make people better troubleshooters and be more professional when dealing with KIP equipment, nothing else.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jezebel09 you have nothing to apologize for. Good information, in any format, is good information.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reminds me of an RC forum I was on yesterday, a guy asked a question, then blew up at the people that responded telling them their answers were wrong. Minimum background questions are usually known before asking for help. There are many knowledgeable posters on this forum, they all have great answers as someone probably has faced your problem before. I read these forums in spare time to glean any information from them that I may not already know. I salute everyone on here that attempts to help others, well maybe not Mark, unless he buys me another drink!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 5000 Discussions (new) All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: