Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Canon IPF755 printing issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Canon IPF755 printing issue Reply with quote Back to top

When I send a print the control panel says "printing" but it doesnt print it's stuck in processing the file, I also tried an internal print same issue. I have updated the firmware with no change in the problem. Has anyone experienced this before?

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you run a test print in the service mode? If not probably a bad main board or carriage relay board, (which is part of the carriage assy.)

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No sir I can not do an internal test print from service mode either.

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In service mode under function running the head contact check show that the print head it's GOOD or no good (NG)
or just try another print head

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried another PH and it caused an error E161-4050, then put the old one back in and then back to my same issue. Thanks for your help!!

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had a similar issue where the customer sent the print and the carriage went back and forth just like it was printing but no ink came out. That was a bad trailing cable. if yours never starts trying to print but is just processing the file I would be thinking the main board is corrupt.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually that is the same scenario as mines.

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

E161-4050 was on user mode or in service mode ?

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In user mode.

Thanks!

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In your original post you said the display says printing. Is the carriage actually moving and paper advancing as if it is printing? If so replace the carriage and trailing cable. But if not replace the main board.

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The paper would not advance the carriage would move back and forth intermittently.

Thanks!

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

then print head is your problem...machine is fine turn machine ON in service mode and do a test print with the new print head

MackD
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried a new printhead same issue.

Thanks

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

.in service mode please.....before you install the print head you need to turn machine on in service mode without print head

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Title :
Printer Acts Likes It Is Printing But Nothing Is Printed
Problem :
When a job is sent from the customer workstation or an internal print is sent the printer acts like its printing carriage moves but nothing is printed.
In service mode under function running the head contact check showed that the print head shows no good (NG). Replacing the main controller did not resolve the issue.
Solution :
In this case replacing the print head resolved the issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Tech discussions on other makes All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: