Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 paper sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 paper sizes Reply with quote Back to top

I am working on a Kip 3000, controller at 6.5. I am getting a paper reading of 17" on both rolls at startup even though both rolls are set for 36a' on the setup screen. What should I look for?

ThankYou in advance.
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First thing I would do is check all 3 areas where the paper size is displayed. Does it say 17" on the UI? How about on the little digital display below the front meter counter? Last, check in Unattend to see what it reads. Are they all at 17"? Can you open and close the paper drawer and tell it the correct size and does it revert to the correct size after your tell it? And it always goes back to 17" after each time you power down and reboot, only?

The IPS gets the reading from Unattend. I would close the UI and see if it says 17" in Unattend or the actual size. IF you shut down Unattend and then open the UI, you will notice that the paper size, meter A and the Scan screen does not work. They get there information from Unattend and if you keep getting 17" and Unattend indicates 17", you might have a bad Unattend.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is this happening every time the printer is turned off and then back again, or is this only happening after a ghosting of the controller?

The printer engine, by default, sets the paper size to 17" if it is not set from the IPS; i.e. after a ghosting.

After a ghosting, the touchscreen software will show up and will be set to 17". The user will set the proper size (36") and then touchscreen will send a command to Unattend which will in-turn send a value to the printer engine via the KIP I/F card. This information is stored in the kipunattend.dat file and will be re-read each time the IPS starts; again, this information is sent to the printer engine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: