Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Yet another 3000 controller thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gjames
resident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clearly I have ruffled some feathers. Smile

KIP has indeed claimed the they used the Hard Drive address to us. Directly from the mouth of KIP KC3 Support.

Just because you never heard of this doesn't mean they haven't said it.

Yes there is a script that runs inside of the KIP software each time you reboot the controller. It writes this information into an INI/TXT file.

Yes I am aware of what the KeyCodes do. Yes I know how the Dongle Works. They got away from the dongles because you could use less expensive dongles on the more expensive equipment. Hence now using the KeyCodes.

And dongles have not gone the way of the dodo. Dongles still exist and are usually USB.

Yes, KIP is under no obligation to support their products. But the customer has rights as well. And they can file a lawsuit against KIP because they have a Software License Agreement.

I never meant to imply whether or not KIP would win or lose in the courts. Rather I implied that KIP as well as others would avoid a court case like this. It's bad publicity and can only hurt the brand.

Yes, people have successfully threatened to sue KIP, OCE, Xerox under similar circumstances and every time when the customer owns something these companies end up complying.

Mainly because the whole point of this is to keep people from getting software they didn't pay for.

So I gave KIP kudos because they have not made it thus far difficult to get the KeyCodes reissued; even though they could.

Again if I have offended anybody I am sorry. I am not trying to offend anyone on here.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gjames wrote:
Clearly I have ruffled some feathers. Smile

KIP has indeed claimed the they used the Hard Drive address to us. Directly from the mouth of KIP KC3 Support.

Just because you never heard of this doesn't mean they haven't said it.

The hard drive has NEVER been used for the IPS Number/Key Code process....NEVER!!!! If it had been said, then clearly in error.

gjames wrote:

Yes there is a script that runs inside of the KIP software each time you reboot the controller. It writes this information into an INI/TXT file.

NO, there is NOT a 'script' that runs on the controller to generate the IPS number and then validate the key code. KIP Unattend is a win32 program written in .NET and is NOT a script.....KIP Unattend is responsible for validating the hardware information as well as generating the IPS number and then the key codes that were entered from the touch screen.

The reason I am so 'ruffled' is that it is important to get the right information out to people so that they can learn a thing or two....I feel obligated to correct where necessary.....

And if I offended....well.....

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so clearly you were confused with what I said.

I said "KIP claimed they used the Hard Drive Hardware Address also but I have never seen this to be true."

I never said that KIP actually used the Hard Drive Hardware Address. I know they didn't. My point was even KIP is not telling everyone accurate information.

As for scripts. I never said it was a "scripting or script language" I said it was a "script". As in: "a script is a list of commands that can be executed without user interaction." The emphases being on "without user interaction".

Just because it was written in C# or C++ or C or any other .NET language doesn't mean it's not a script.

I'm not sure what your trying to correct. If this verbiage is offensive to you I don't know what to say.

So for those out there who are confused, I am not saying it's a scripting language or scripting software. I am saying it's "a list of commands that are being executed without user interaction".

I am also not sure why this matters as the end result is the same.

You reboot the IPS the IPS reads the NIC H/W Address and the KIP I/F Address and creates a unique code that the KeyCodes will only work with the specific combination.

I am not offended by you. I am perplexed why your attacking people in a forum for offering help.

None of the information I provided has ill affect for the intended purpose.

All you have really accomplished is people questioning whether or not it's worth bothering to help others in fear that someone who is trolling will get into a debate about nothing.

Again, I repeat I am not here to misinform or irritate others in the forum.

As they say "No good deed goes unpunished".

Kudos to you sir.

ratmycue
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Keycodes and a used machine Reply with quote Back to top

So, we recently purchased a used 7100, the options available to us are only copy feature. We obtained the original keycodes for the serial number of this machine which show all options however when input into the machine keycodes they do not enable the options. Upon further discovery we suspect the ips may have been replaced or worked on [missing screws from case etc]

How do we we move forward to enable the orignal keycode [options] to work in this instance? or will obtaining new keycodes for this machine be sufficient, slightly confused as to the requirements needed to be met for keycodes. thx in advance.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Explain your situation to kc3, they may be able to help.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Print out a build sheet and sent it to KIP and they will generate new codes. Usually takes less than a half hour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: