Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pq
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object Reply with quote Back to top

Customer reports that when submitting files in Request to their 3000, they get a .NET message stating "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Anyone seen this?

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That kind of sounds like a profile issue. Try logging into windows with a different account and see if that works. If it does then delete the users profile.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WHOA!!!! Delete a user's Windows profile? Not a good idea to wreck a users entire setup over a broken piece of software.

This is usually due to a corrupted .ini file or a .set file. I would simply uninstall and remove all aspects of the KIP software on the users computer, reboot and then reinstall the KIP software.

Don't cut your hand off just because you have a splinter in your finger.

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deleting profiles really isn't as extreme as you make it sound. As long as you save the important stuff first, ie desktop shortcuts, internet favorites, etc.

I'm only suggesting that if logging in with a different account works. If I'm out of line by suggesting that then I do apologize.

I have never seen that before so I was just offering a suggestion. Jezebel it sounds like you have seen that before so I would certainly go with your advice first.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How about just right clicking on the Request icon and run as Admin. And lower the security notifications .

And reboot

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah crap, anyone need a spare hand with a splinter???
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just don't get why someone would mess with the OS, security settings, etc. when a single application is having issues.

The OS didn't cause the problem. If it did, then more than likely the rest of the software on the PC would be jacked up as well.

Focus on the offending application and all will be right in the world.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.....

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Profiles get corrupt over time and can affect applications performance without the rest of the OS being, "jacked up". With over 20 years in IT I have deleted tons of profiles to resolve issues with applications.

I'm not trying to be a know it all, I was only offering a suggestion. I get a lot of good information from this site so I like to try and contribute/give back where I can.

Last edited by Placebo on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure jezebel09 wasn't calling you stupid. It simply means to go with the simplest ideas first before overthinking something, that's all. K.I.S.S. is an acronym meaning Keep It Simple, Stupid and had been used for ages.

After years working on these printers, it's always a good idea to go with the K.I.S.S. theory first...LOL.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes sorry, wasn't implying anyone was stupid. I have been doing this for a LOT of years and I am always amazed at people who reinstall Windows because the 'e' key isn't working on their keyboards (exaggeration, but still relevant).

Keep it simple! If the computer isn't turning on, don't replace it, check to make sure it is plugged in first.....

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the clarification Jezebel. I'm very familiar with the KISS theory, agree with it and use it all the time. I think I just read into it more than I should have. Must be menstruating or something.

Is that splintered hand still available Mark?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On sale this week

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a leg for sale too, it has an ingrown toenail.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With or without toe jam?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: