Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 7900 Drum Haze\Toner Build Up on drum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Kip 7900 Drum Haze\Toner Build Up on drum Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 7900 with about 1.5 million Sq/Ft on it.
I keep getting a haze of what looks like toner build up on the drum. Haze is only on the drum in the center 12 inches or so. Edges of the drum are clean and look good. Print quality in the center of the prints is light and blurry, sides look perfect. I can clean the drum and the quality returns and about 1-2 weeks later. 10-20k sq/ft later it returns again.

I have pm'd the machine, replaced the drum, all wires, cleaned the dev. Roller (swapped another developer roller) and supply roller. Cleaned the print head etc. all the usual stuff.
Looking for any ideas or if anyone has seen this issue before.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have dealt with this same thing on 2 different 7000's that I bought brand new and ran in-house. Never did find a solution, so I always just cleaned them as needed.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a couple 7700/7900 printers out there and for some reason, these models seem to run really dirty. They have issues such as you guys are having that no other KIP model printers seem to have. I have one in a factory setting and a couple in a nice office environment but they all get so dirty and dusty in such a short time period. They do use the heck out of them but not any more than normal. The most common thing I see on these printers is the drum. They start getting an orange peal effect on it and collects tons of toner dust causing dots/ blotches on the prints. I have two that is caked with toner all the way around it and makes very light prints at that location. Cleaning them doesn't last and I just replace the drums. I've asked KIP about the drum getting orange pealed and they say they've never seen that before, so I just replace it.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the orange peel effect on drums. Usually it's around drum replacemt time before it becomes an issue.
This machine actually runs clean. I just get the toner build up/haze on the drum. The machine ran good with no issues for the first 3 years and this started a month or so ago.
Odd part is it didn't start after working on the machine or anything else done to it. Machine gets serviced every 100-150k was about that time customer said they were getting light prints in the center. Looked at the drum and it looked shot. Serviced the machine and installed a drum and have had the issue since.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too have seen this on some of my KIP 7770/7790. I have removed the Ozone filters thinking that the machine needed to breathe more. But that didnt seem to matter on some units. I was thinking maybe one of the fans above the drum area are maybe not turning??? I have not really checked this out yet but it could be a possibility?
Other than that some seem to have this issue more than others and 1 of my worse ones is in a clean office type enviroment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 7970 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: