Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Paper exit mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryzer
medical school senior

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Paper exit mod? Reply with quote Back to top

Wondering if anyone has heard of KIP coming out with something? I'm having a crazy time with shorter length prints (21,24" etc.. ). After about 4 prints dropping down, the rest get hung up trying to slide down under the previous. Then it's just a train wreck from there. Thought I maybe had mylar strips set wrong possibly, but I even took those out and still have the problem. Seems to me that if the two stop trays were able to be extended out further, shorter length prints could drop and lay flat one on top of the other?? Am I missing something entirely?? Anyone else had this problem? Longer length stuff fits just right under the lip of the 3 exit trays in the rear preventing paper hitting each other, as long as you adjust the stop trays accordingly.

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have over 30 installs of 3000 printers here in Indiana. I have not had any complaints as you describe. I'd suggest revisting the installation manual that came with the printer and double check that you put the rear guides on in their correct position.

Speaking from experience, I've had flakey issue come up after installations that had to do with me not attaching a part on correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of the most major issues with this plotter, I can't believe that noe of your 30 installs has this problem, everyone here in Cali that has one of these seems to have this issue.

scott
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to agree with the guest, the 3000 stacking issue is very real, there is no realistic way you could have never seen it with 30 machines in the field.

The fix I like the best is to get some self-adhesive velcro. Take the white guides (the ones that guide the paper into the bottom tray) and raise them by taking them out of their tabs and sticking them on higher up the frame with the velcro. Sounds like a Mickey Mouse fix, and it is, but it does work.

anonymous coward

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anonymous wrote:
This is one of the most major issues with this plotter, I can't believe that noe of your 30 installs has this problem, everyone here in Cali that has one of these seems to have this issue.

We had that on two installs. We got out the static gard, sprayed it in exit area, past the fuser.

Problem resolved

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: