Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Void on left side

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Void on left side Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 8000 that is printing with a void that is about 6" wide on a 36", on the left side (if standing by the paper drawers, looking back). It's right from the left edge, going inwards. If I print out test pattern no.1, on the void side, the little black dots are visible but the lines are missing. I've done all the obvious to diagnose: LED Head, Dev. unit, T/S Assy, 1st charge assy. I swapped them out one at a time and the void is still there. Any clues?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If all the things you replaced were good I would try a drum or at least flip it and see if it moves to the other side.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops, left that out, but I did flip the drum and swapped it and void was still there. Going to check to see if maybe the cam on the left side is working properly, but I'm guessing it is due to the fact that it's only about a 6" void. I figure if it's the left cam, wouldn't the void be almost half way across? Plus all 30" print out perfectly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: