Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

[C7800] Cyan dust accumulating and waste toner fills fast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: [C7800] Cyan dust accumulating and waste toner fills fast Reply with quote Back to top

We have a client that seems to feel their waste toner box fill s too often coined with there is an excess of cyan toner that accumulates on the vents on the RH side of the printer [see pic]. I just did a PM and cleaned them not more than 2 weeks ago.

This has been doing this for some time and and almost since they started running it heavily. The prints they run al posters that use a lot of cyan so I am not sure if this is normal or not since all our other c7800 users run mostly CAD drawings.

Cyan Toner coming out of the vents

http://i.imgur.com/q1pSuti.jpg

Placebo
intern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may or may not be related but we have a customer with a KC80 and they have reported it is going through cyan toner faster than normal even after setting the cyan density to the lowest selection. The prints they run are mostly arch and contain equal amounts of color generally so I'm not really sure why it would b doing that. Possibly a bias voltage adjustment?

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: toner dusting Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys

We have several C7800 machines printing with heavy coverage with the same problems. Compared to the Kc80 machines that were doing the same jobs the new machines do run cleaner. Just because the C7800 only has the four fans and filters on the side you are seeing it all concentrated.
I dont think that there can be a fix but you can tape a fine mesh on the inside of the side panel may help the cosmetic issue and then regulary clean it.

These are still great machines.

p51d007
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Same here. Lots of cyan on the metal ridge before the fuser unit & coming out of the vent. I quit putting the screws back for the right side cover and leave the waste toner bottle screws loose to allow me to get into the right side quicker, to vacuum it up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Color 80 Printer All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: