Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

E - 49 error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: E - 49 error Reply with quote Back to top

Our 9002 keeps getting an E-49 error and will nolonger let me mask it to test the parts in the troubleshooting section of the manual. I also noticed that on the monitor in unatend it says CPLD Configuration error. Iknowthis has something to do withprogrammable logic, but cant get anymoreinfo onitandhavenever seenitbefore. Any ideas? help?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

E-49 is a developper position problem.

Clean all the section and there is also new cam mod if they are not already installed.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you happen to have the # for the cam modification?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You will find it in tech tip or bulletin for 9000 on Kip web site.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was fighting the same issue until I cleaned the contacts, with Deoxit, between the process drawer and machine side connector.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you ever find out what was causing the CPLD Configuration Error on the screen?

jujitsu47
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you ever find out what was causing the CPLD Configuration Error on the screen?

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a machine with this same cpld error does anyone have any knowledge of what this is? As usual I can find nothing on this error in the service manual under troubleshooting errors...

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the customer called again to tell me rebooting helped but the error has returned 5 times so im making the drive tomorrow to reload the operating system again as I'm guessing its another form of corruption of something in the OS? I may give kip a call since I already checked the support site for a document explaining what this means. Im hoping the restore/reload to defaults option works . since the machine Im having this issue with is fairly new and a 7170 I'm am going to assume the "mod" for the developer housing if it pertains here has already been installed and this is a software issue but I will be checking the contacts for the dev housing as well.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a heads up I got a return call from kips tech support yesterday evening and the CPLD config error according to them is most commonly caused by a Faulty RF chip in the toner cartridge (the one under the sticker) They suggest replacing the toner cartridge when this occurs.
I'm glad they called me back as I would have never guess this and there doesn't appear to be any documentation available to me to tell me this...

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So the CPLD error ended up not having anything to do with the toner cartridge but ended up being yet another optical sensor failure, this time it was the sensor for the encoder on the developer position cam drive motor in front of the developer housing,
The customer just called me today about yet another one of thier kips with false jamming errors (same sensors if not the rubber band on the encoder wheel) and reminded me to post this,
I now keep these sensors in my bag since I replace them more than all the other kip parts combined. what I really dont get is why some machines dont seem to have the issue and others have had the sensors replaced three times (with the improved version supposedly) If it is power related kip needs to correct the issue or require that all units sold are sold with power filters.

PPCPete
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A CPLD configuration error on a KIP 7170 is the developer cam sensor.
There has been alot of sensor issues on the KIP 7170 series.

Another way to check this is to log into the service and go into the either the error or jam history and you will find a code that points you to the proper sensor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: