Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

High Speed Color
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: High Speed Color Reply with quote Back to top

We all know Color is the future, Or so I have heard for the last 17 years. I think it may finally be here. With OCE and Xerox releasing there color equipment with Memjet technology and of course Oce and Kip each have ther color systems. Now Hp is going to be getting into the High speed color game. HP will announce the T3500 in mid-June. This unit will be a lower cost faster speed inkjet device. However, the unit will not compete head-to-head with the Xerox IJP 2000. There is a unit that they claim will come closer to the Xerox IJP 2000, but it won’t be announced for at least another 12 months. I have also heard HP will not let dealers service these. They are looking at a national service center. So the question would be, If all this is true. Who would sell these and Why? We make are money off service and not sales.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So HP want s you to sell a machine that you have to compete with other dealers to sell and basically sell it dirt cheap? Then they want to do the service? What's next you have to be an HP dealer to sell ink cartridges? Ohh wait....
How will it compete if KIP ever releases a 4-6 page per minute color machine?

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any Konica Minolta Techs out there that may know anything about servicing this new equipment? Konica Minolta and HP now have some arraingment. This will be interesting.

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It appears HP is giving everyone a 12 month warning before they release the new equipment. Xerox is scrambling to sell off there wideformat investment before Hp launches. They are now allowing all dealers to send there sales guys in for free Xerox sales training.
We have all heard color is coming (for the last 20 years). I think if the price is right this could be a game changer. Here is a link with more information. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hp-disrupts-production-printing-market-with-new-large-format-pagewide-technology-2014-06-10

GRAPHICS-TECH
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: You are right Reply with quote Back to top

http://smallbiztrends.com/2014/06/hp-pagewide-printing-wide-format-printer.html

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Better check the executives down at Oce (Canon Solutions America), they should be jumping off the roof right about now over the CW900.

james
resident

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a link that has a video of the machine dropping prints on the floor.

http://industryanalysts.com/hps-disruptive-wide-format-technology/?utm_source=June+2014+%233&utm_campaign=April+15%2C+2014&utm_medium=email

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if the HP is using the MemJet technology or their version of it.
When I saw the demos of the Xerox & Reprotechnology version of printers, quality (not the Xerox they would let us get too close) was okay, but they fail to include the cleaning cycle of the printheads into the print speed. Reprotechnology and the Xerox had to clean the printheads every 5-7 cuts. Not bad if you are running 20 foot prints, but most prints are 24 to 48 inches long. Both those printers were over a $100K. Curious to see how it would compare price wise and cost of output per sq/ft to say if KIP ever made a 7170 that printed in color.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin hit on it, how often will the print heads need cleaning will be the key.
It looks like it is HP's version of Memjet, and not the Memjet so this could be a real game changer. The Xerox, Repro Tech and Oce's machines were all well over 100K with Oce's almost 200K. If HP can put this out under 50k, Memjet is dead.
I'm also hearing that Oki is coming out with a large format color toner machine, but I do not know a release date.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Any updates? Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone have any new information regarding this HP product? From my understanding they are only going to let select dealers sell this product, something like 50 across the US. They don't want to talk pricing or give any details to anyone, only the select dealers will get the skinny, once they choose who those dealers will be. The last I heard, we have made all the cuts to be a dealer so far, but there is one more round of cuts to go. Does this sound like the same story you have heard?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tim, they won't pick your dealership. Idaho isn't even part of the US is it????
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha, I was and still am dumbfounded we are still in the running, we have exceeded our quota for several years, even though our account base is 50 residents, in the entire state of Idaho, which is a state, believe it or not!

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is that counting the raccoons and snakes???

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No it don't but remember my state is on top of yours!

Last edited by tjohnson on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Touche

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: