Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

same model, different parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: same model, different parts Reply with quote Back to top

Recently tried to replace a gear for the fuser pully on a 3000, once I got the machine apart and tried to replace the part I found it to be completely different, at first I thought someone had put it on backwards but it is far more different than that. Has anyone come across this before? any ideas on how to go about replacing the gear? I have pictures, but cant get them to attach...

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If the gears that are currently on the KIP are larger, then it has been updated with the fuser upgrade kit. This kit gives you new (larger, quarter sized) bearings, bearing plates, drive shaft and the inner drive gear. I'm sure there are a few other parts but those are the main parts, plus clips and spacers. I'm going to guess this is correct because you cannot individually order the new bigger bearings w/o ordering the entire kit. You probably ordered the older bearings that is about the size of a dime. KIP Part number is Z058080330 Fuser Drive Kit.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooops reread what you wrote. The Fuser Drive Kit also comes with a new, more solid looking drive gear. Not as flimsy as the old ones that used to break tooth all the time.

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know the only way I've been able to get that gear is to order the fuser drive kit. The gear alone, when it was available, was priced very high, so the kit isn't that much more money than just the gear was.

Tinne73
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank-You for the information. I was able to fix the machine in no time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: