Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

New Touchscreen problems with 6.2 software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: New Touchscreen problems with 6.2 software Reply with quote Back to top

The new machine with 6.2 software can go haywire. the touch screen will work crazy. when you touch the ? mark it will go to job screen. when you touch the start key it will go to the copy screen. the stop will go to the scan screen. the answer is to get the new touchkit 4.3 update. and you will have to network your laptop with the machine and update the machine and use this to repair the touchscreen using the touch cab prog. I have had two of these machine do this. (out of three with the new soft ware) Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same thing happen to me last week.
When I installed the 3000 and tested the unit in our office, it worked fine.
However, when I disassembled the monitor and transported the unit to the customer site, the monitor started to do odd things as you discribe. After reconnecting the connections twice, I attempted to calibrate the touchkit with the verision on the controller without success. I had to return to the office and pull a touch screen from another unit that was still in the crate.

I had to order a replacement touch screen with KIP and return the defective one.

servj
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have one doing this also. How do you get the new update?

Charlie Brown
doctor

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: How to get software Reply with quote Back to top

Call kip software support or ask me and I will forward the file.

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another issue unrelated to the one described above is that there is a bad batch of monitors that is being shipped. KIPs response is to RMA the monitor for an exchanged part. However, the exchanged part is also experiencing the same issue.

The issue is that after about 12-15 attempts to bring the monitor out of power save mode, i.e. touching the screen to bring it back to life, the display goes white, followed by an oversized window on the screen. I have been cycling the power on the monitor by removing the display cover located on the top of the screen and pressing the power button. This restores the monitor to the proper dimensions. The power save setting can be turned off by changing the screen saver setting on the desktop of the controller.

I've been testing the replacement monitors with about 50 touch tests in the office before installing them onsite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: