Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

TDS860 DRUFANTEMPSE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: TDS860 DRUFANTEMPSE Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone tell me where exactly the DRUFANTEMPSE is located on the TDS860. I have removed the fan assembly and collar above the fan motor.

Would be inside the fan motor assembly side or inside the drum side?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The drum fan temperature sensor (DRUFANTEMPSE), located near the cooling
fan, measures the temperature of the air in the outlet of the drum.
The speed of the drum cooling fan is increased when the air temperature becomes
higher.
If 2 times a temperature above or equal to 43°C is detected by the temperature
sensor the error code 01502, DRUFANTEMPSE too high, is generated.
To prevent main damage on the drum and CTF rollers in case the drum cooling
does not operate properly a safety circuit is added to the drum fan.
This circuit contains a pulse disk mounted on the drum fan rotor and a sensor,
if the sensor doesn’t detect the rotation of the fan, a FE error 01001 is presented
and the machine stops.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose I should mention that the above is from the 9800 TSM.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you, but I have that manual, and I can't so far locate it. I have examined the area behind the fan inside the drum but I don't see a sensor.

Does anyone by chance have a picture of one, or know precisely where it is mounted in the TDS. I don't want the shop down longer than needed by experimental dis-assembly.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't imagine OCE moving the sensor. Bet it's in the fan exhaust duct somewhere.

planit
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you having error codes that pertain to the drum temperature?

There is a temperature sensor that sits behind the developer that you might need to blow out with some canned air.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, 01502. Off and on over time I get this upon power on first thing in the morning. It seems various attempts from cleaning the NCTS or even sometimes just manually puss hing the contact down a couple of times, replacing a relay, seemed to cure it for a while. Sometimes just nursing it back online a few times and once when I had tried everything that had seemed to previously work and repeatedly trying to force it online failed, I started it without the fan plugged in to get 1503, then plugged it back in and no error for weeks.

So Mark are you saying it should be in the exhaust vent below the fan, I didn't see anything near the fan motor when I removed the collar that attaches it to the drum but the duct is about 2.5 feet long I could imagine it be so far down the duct that it wouldn't be visible from there?

I blew out all the exposed areas as best I could by compressor at that time and no change. Then I pushed the button on the NTSC again, and it worked, but going by past experience I'm thinking all my previous success to be flukes and I need to clean or replace the DRUFANTEMPSE.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the 9800's it's mounted in the fan housing. If you can find it pull it out and blow it out and reinstall it. I don't remember ever changing one but they do get full of crap (dust) and will throw a code. Is the fan operating correctly? It's controled by an invertor that you can swap with another in the machine if you think that's the problem. You said it happens first thing in the morning? Is that after warm up or when it's cold? If it's after warm up it could be the NCTS probe sticking, the oring gets sticky.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It happens first thing, turn it on and it throws the code immediately. Every time it happens and I think I've cured it, after weeks, sometimes many months it returns.

I've been chasing this a couple of years now.

CLUCKAU
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the TDS I found the 01502 to actually be the druplatetempse.

I'm told I'll find it on the left when opening the developer, but I guess I just don't know what I'm looking for can anyone tell me exactly where the sensor is and what it looks like?

planit
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you pull out the developer, look underneath on the left side you will see a yellow metal gold covered tube. That is the Sensor. It should have a small opening at the end of it.

There is a clear plastic air hose connected to it that periodically blows out the built up toner. You should be able to trace it around back to the left of the developer. Take some canned air and blow out that sensor from the front where the opening is and the back where the tube connects.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Oce' Hardware Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: