Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 8000 morning jams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littleruf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: KIP 8000 morning jams Reply with quote Back to top

Our Kip 8000 has started jamming at the fuser entrance on the first printout after it has set for a while or first thing in the morning. Generally we can clear that first print/jam then it will go ahead and print the whole job. The Pressure Roller is the same one as when we bought this unit 4 years ago, and is showing some white stuff across the middle of the roller. The hot roller is a new one last summer. We open the paper transport and pull the paper out then close up and it takes off again. Is this something with the roller? It seems to be stuck on the drum but we have replaced the sep wires and it is at the entrance to the fuser not wrapped around the drum. I feel like I am missing something simple. I have even tried to swap the transfer assy with the sister unit and it prints just fine. Thinking about swapping out fusing assy's to test tomorrow.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are the jams in the fuser section accordion the paper?

littleruf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No the paper just starts to enter the fuser. When we open the transport the paper is just hanging there. We catch the edge of the paper and it falls out after we finish the cut. Is this a possibility of a cutter not functioning correctly for timing maybe?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be more with the transport section if the paper falls after it has been cut. That tells me that the fuser and pressure roller has nothing to do with it. You might be losing paper tension on the first sheet and it might be bubbling up over the PH18 Separation sensor (right before the fuser/pressure rollers). The only other sensor would be after the rollers, which is the paper exit sensor LS2, but you say the paper doesn't even get that far.

littleruf
medical school senior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Jams Reply with quote Back to top

It appears that the sensor on the shaft above the cutter was dirty. I cleaned it and have not had a jam since. Just and FYI in case anybody else runs into this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: