Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

ADDING 2" TO 12X18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: ADDING 2" TO 12X18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an 8k in production that adds 2" to the print lenght. Doesn't matter which work station sends the print, still adds 2". I went through the unatnd ini line by line and don't see anything obivious that might cause this. Just 12 x 18.....Any ideas where the problem be at?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From Request on a workstation or from a Windows driver on a server?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Production prints from Request. Any work station sending to the 8k will add 2".

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have any Force Size settings in Request? Is this on all sizes or just on the 18x12 sizes?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only happens with 12 x 18.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of files are these? Is it only with a certain job or set of files? You didn't answer if you were trying to force them to 12x18....

If you were using Force Size, then perhaps the force size scheme being using is setup incorrectly.

I just don't see how only 12x18 prints are coming out 2" too long and nothing else is.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark, in request under the 12x18 setting - check the length setting. I think it is defaulted to 12.09". It may have gotten changed.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 12 x 18 is at the correct default. I think I'm going to print out the unatnd.ini from several printers and compare them line by line. It happens when sent from any of the production computers so I don't think it's related to request.

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: 2 inches long Reply with quote Back to top

Which roll is it coming from? There is a setting in the Firmware for "small" size roll cut length for EACH roll- ie 1-4
Maybe set wrong on say roll 2?? but ok on roll 3??
see page 568 service manual v G.0 Trailing margin adjustment
Starts with roll 1 cut length

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bigal- I'll check it out.
The roll position doesn't seem to be an issue.

I went through the unatnd.ini and there are no differences with other 8k's.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is nothing in the winuntd.ini that is specific to a roll size to make it come out longer.

Are you sure these files that you are printing are really 12x18?

Are you getting the extra 2" at the LE or TE or an inch at both the LE and TE?

What size does Request show these as being?

Are you sending it at 100% or is there a force size scheme being applied?

If you can answer these questions, it will go a long way to determining what the issue is.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The files can be sent to any of the other 8k's we have without a problem. I won't be able to look at the trail edge/lead edge settings until tomorrow morning so stay tuned kiddies.....

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mark,
Runs calibration test page out of request. See if your small size paper needs to be calibrated for the trail edge.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I ran the calibration file from request out of each drawer with the same result. I looked at the "small" values for each drawer and they are in agreement. I'm putting it on the back burner until I have time to mess with it. Thanx all for the ideas.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 8000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: