Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP [7100 IPS] not waking up after goining to sleep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: KIP [7100 IPS] not waking up after goining to sleep Reply with quote Back to top

They are on the latest version of 7.4. The client says the screen goes off after some time, as it should but nothing seems to wake it up. They touch the screen and/or send prints and it will stay sleeping. All the sleep and auto off settings are off and I even tried turning the Windows setting to not turn the monitor off which it does by default after 20 minutes.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked the wake settings in the bios? Maybe there's something in there that is causing it.

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I forgot to mention that. Although I do not have what the default settings are, I am sure what I saw seemed fine.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate to say it but we had one doing this and it ended up being the controller. After we replaced it, the problem went away. Is the machine still under warranty?

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cjwilt wrote:
I hate to say it but we had one doing this and it ended up being the controller. After we replaced it, the problem went away. Is the machine still under warranty?

I do have replacement motherboards I found 3 on eBay nd snatched them up. I assume you re-imaged the old one first?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, we re-imaged with new hard drives. We even tried different ram too. I'd be curious if the mother board fixes your problem. Good Luck.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Before you do all that, I would check to make sure that the "Enable System Standby" is UNCHECKED, in Configuration 1 - screen 1. It will cause your controller to shut off and you'll have to physically reboot the controller/printer to get it to start working again.

I had a customer that had their printer on the 3rd floor and they were on the first floor. They couldn't get the printer to turn on when sending a print and they had one guy running up the stairs each time to reboot the printer. It ended up being that the "Enable System Standby" was checked.

We don't worry about power saving, as we shut our machines off every night so we actually turn off the warm/cold sleep and we don't use the sleep/wake time. We don't have any issues with that.

Augiedoggy
resident

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

in addition to the ebable system standby there may be a bug in the timers that causes this to happen if they are set to less than 30 minutes.... I'm not positive but on one of my machines changing the timers to 30 minutes or more seemed to resolve the issue entirely. I got this tip from another tech who tells me kip tech support told him of this after three repeat calls and multiple tech support calls on that machine.

Also I found that since these machines give little indication that they are actually working when waking up that in one instance the customer was printing large pdfs with the driver in hpgl2 mode instead of kipscript and since it took much longer to process it also took longer for the machine to print... the customer mistook this for the machine not waking up.
I wish they would change the os so the touchscreen at least powers up when the controller is processing a file and warming the machine...
by customers that are coming from xerox products have complained of this along with the very slow warm up times.

unless its a faulty fan as we seen in one case of this, I doubt this issue is hardware related myself.

tcrawford
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Augiedoggy wrote:
in addition to the ebable system.......

Thanks for the reply and sorry for taking a while to get back to you. I found that the CPU fan was having trouble turning on and/or stay running. As a result the controller was overheating and shutting down.

jiongpao
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently i got this issue on my both KIP7100 machine. I just changed the warm sleep time to 30mins and cold sleep time to 1 hour from default setting and see what will happen with "enable system standby" unchecked in default.

tcrawford may i know which CPU fan that you mentioned having trouble turning on and does it solve this problem?

thank you

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> General KIP Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: