Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

bad prints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
design6
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: bad prints Reply with quote Back to top

Would anybody know what could be causing the extra toner build up

http://postimg.org/image/4wq267oo1/

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Possibly the main charge corona or the developer.

What have you done to fix this?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the wiper blade isn't cleaning correctly or the gear that drives the regulation roller broke.

design6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I replaced the developer unit with one that I found on Ebay and I've cleaned all the wires

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does it eventually get better? I would suggest replacing the 1st Charge corona wire. Our 8000s used to do those streaks first thing in the morning (after a cold night) for approx. 10 sheets then it'd be all good as usual. I know you cleaned the corona, but I'd say replace it, if it's not getting any better.

Or if you are not sure, print a long print and stop it in mid-print. This way, you can almost tell exactly where the lines are coming from the T/S assy, Drum, Dev. unit, Charge assy, Fuser.

design6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it doesn't seem to get any better. I'll try replacing the carona and charge wire. I don't see a wiper blade. Could it possibly the eraser lamp and is there a way to test the eraser lamp?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Remove the toner hopper off the developer unit and the cover above the developer roller. There is a silver (regulation) roller. You can see the wiper blade that rides on the regulation roller. As you turn the developer unit the regulation roller should not have any toner on it.
In the 2000's it is very common to have the wiper blade not clean or the regulation roller not turning due to a broken gear. Usually it's the gear that has the two allen screws in it. Check the gear carefully it can be cracked and spinning in the brass insert.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's probably not the eraser lamp.

The scraper blade is inside the developer unit. It cleans the chrome top roller off while the developer rotates. If any toner is getting past the scraper then that is your problem. You should also check the pressure of that Chrome roller (also known as the regulation roller) Make sure it is maxed out.

design6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, Thanks for all the responses. You all have helped figure out the problem. It was the gear on the regulation roller on both the "new" developer unit I put in and the old one that I had. Anybody know where I can buy a replacement for this gear?

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pm me. I have most of those gears in stock.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, what's the chance of that? I'm guessing it's the gear with the brass inner with the two hex screws on the end of that requlation roller. My KIP5000 did the same exact thing this morning and that was the culprit.

Chillin: you have that gear? If not, I saw two in my parts bin this morning. Funny thing is that I don't have anymore KIP2000s in the field, but I still have a bunch of new parts for them.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do have a few of those gears. I still have 1 2000 in the field and I'm trying to get rid of the parts so I can't fix it anymore and they have to upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 2000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: