Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Error Condition 6: OVERFLOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Error Condition 6: OVERFLOW Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I found that others have talked about this in the history search but noone seemed to have an exact explanation or resolve for this.

This customer is 2 hours and a snow blizzard away from me. They have a KIP7700. I went there yesterday because they had an RADF error. I cleaned HV assys and replaced all the corona wires with the corona wire kit and they were back up and running. When I got back to the office, they emailed me and said they are still able to print but when trying to scan they are getting the Condition 6: Overflow error. I got as far as thinking it has to do with the scanner or scanner software, both of which I didn't touch when I was there. Anyone with a definite resolve?

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version software are they on?

I recall a similar issue with an early 7 version.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are on 7.2.348.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I recall, this had to do with the total number of scans on the system.

If you look at the service screen, it should show a total number of scans around 32767. That needs to be reset. The language the touchscreen software is written in only accepts integers up to that value. Once you hit it, RTE 6, Overflow.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The version I saw this on was a 7.1 version. Typically the 7.2.348 version has been stable.

But it sounds like Jezebel is on to something. Let us know if that works.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just had them do the reset and reboot and it didn't work. They say the error box is stating: "Handle Color STF, Condition 6: Overflow, Error during Scan-to-file Process." It has to be the scan count but might be more in dept than just resetting the number. I'll let you know how I fare.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What does the total number of scans show on the service screen? If it is 32767, then this is the issue.

But, it might also be in the registry that will have to be "zeroed" out.

Should be in something like HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\IPS or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KIP depending on your version.

Look through the keys and you should see a scan count in there somewhere.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, so sorry. I currently have a customer with a RADF error and happened to land back on this page.

My update is that jezebel09 is correct. I went into the HKEY_### and found that the scan count was at 32767, I reset it to 0 and the machine started right up with no problems. It was in the HKEY_ , but not exactly as written, I'm sure it was because I had a different version.

Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: