Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Large voids after new Dev unit 9000
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dlee. Good idea.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, my issue was never really resolved with the voids on the left side. Right now they are consistent at about a 2"x2" void and starts about 39-40" down the print. There are two or three voids everytime. I checked the shock (good), swapped T/S corona (no change), swapped charge assy (no change), swapped drum (no change), even swapped out the pre transfer lamps and the drum cleaner roller (no change), swapped out LED (no change), cleaned the cutter (no change).

ONLY difference was when I put in a new dev. unit, at the voided spots, you can actually see a light image of what's supposed to be there. So original dev. unit shows no image on the voided areas and a brand new one shows a very light image. Could this just be because the new dev. unit prints darker? I don't think it's a dev unit issue but now I think it's a machine issue, not any removable/swappable parts.

Can anyone make any sense of this?

tech2tech
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fought an issue like this and it was the media. Check your roll and see if it has a flat spot. Hope its that simple for you.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, wouldn't be that simple..lol. I already tried that, thanks. That did happen once before though.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE: So I've been chasing this void issue for a little while now, so I forgot about the K.I.S.S. theory. 1. it only happened on the edge of the 36" paper 2. Even after swapping to a new roll of 36", still same issue.

What I forgot: 1. 36" swapped in same drawer. Stupid me forgot to switch to another drawer. I finally put the 36" in the other drawers and no voids. It ended up being the Paper Feed Motor Speed for drawer #2 (the drawer with the 36" in it). I increased the speed and the void went away. Laughing

gjames
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good catch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 9000 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: