Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

SP 5000-Can I Use IR Lamp from 8000?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDRepro
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: SP 5000-Can I Use IR Lamp from 8000? Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone know or have good reason why i couldn't use an IR Lamp from a KIP 8000 in the KIP 5000 (3620)?
I know I would have to cut the plastic connector off of one side & crimp a spade clip or similar to it for the 5000, but other than that, they seem very similar. These are the part numbers/descriptions of each:

KIP 8000 Part #3506800060 IR Lamp 1 QIR220-1750KIC
KIP 5000 Part #4206800030 IR Lamp 1 QIR220-1750KIU

Any input appreciated!! KIP is out of stock of this part & need asap!! Or if anyone knows where I could get this part?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patriot Blueprinting says she thinks they have done the opposite - where an 8000 needed a lamp and they modified the connector on one from a 5000.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As long as the wattage is about the same you should be ok. Make sure the connector you use is high temp.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Mark! It's reassuring to have a "professional" reply. Very Happy

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a lamp from a 9010 been running in a 9000 for over a year now with no problems.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: IR Lamp- SOLVED - Swappable Reply with quote Back to top

That's great to know! MDRepro will now be installing an 8000 IR Lamp in my SP5000 tonight - since we have such glowing approval for the project. He knows how to change the connectors so it will fit.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very kind words, but as most here can atest to , mostly what I spew here is BS and conjecture....... Shocked

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: It worked - but which lamp on top? Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Lamp switch went very well - thank you all for your input (BS, conjecture and all)!

Interesting thing though- the 8000's all have the 1750W (black wire/white clip) on the top; the SP5000 has always, at least since a Kip Tech changed the fuser roller the 1st time a decade ago, had the 1350W (white wire/red clip) on the top. Does it make a difference? Really curious Question

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can only guess KIP wants the hotter lamp on the top.

ladibug
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta love your "conjecture" ! That's the way it was put back together this time, hot on top. I just feel better having another opinion. It was probably installed incorrectly in the beginning and we just kept putting it back like that with each fuser roller change. Or maybe Kip figured it works better like that.
Thank you for responding Smile

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You always want a hot one on top..........As with KIP and with life

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to get technical here but it looks like the lamps are top and bottom, but they are actually considered middle and outside. If you look at the ends, you 'll notice that the lower lamp sits almost exactly center of the fuser roller and the outside (upper) one is closest to the fuser roller (as it rotates). One lamp is to heat the center of the fuser roller and the other is to heat the outer of both sides of the roller. I'm just not sure which is which, without looking at them. You can tell by the heavy "wiring". One has more wiring (heat lamp wires) in the middle and the other has more on the outer sides. SO, if you ever have fusing issues in the middle of the print, it's usually because the center heating lamp went bad. Trust me, I know from experience...LOL. I just can't remember which is which.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Leave it to dlee to have the details, nice explanation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Legacy Hardware discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: