Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 3000 issue with Win 7 PRO 64bit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geneg981
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: KIP 3000 issue with Win 7 PRO 64bit Reply with quote Back to top

We are an end user with a KIP 3000. The kip worked pretty good, when we were using XP. Not so good with Win7.
Mostly we print PDF files of autocad drawings (construction plan sets). About half the time we can print a full set at 24" x 36". The rest of the time we have to print only a few pages at a time. Usually I start up an old pc running XP, and will normally print these "problem" pdfs, with out a problem. Would be really nice if the regular users could print normally to the kip.
Most computers are running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with SP1 and fully updated, Acrobat 9.5.5 standard (not reader). We are using the Vista 64bit drivers, installed following the instructions that came with the drivers.

Our KIP service company is not very good at handling the kip. While I am a pretty decent windows tech, I know almost 0 about the kip. Any suggestions making this machine more useable, like it was when we all used XP?

THX for any help/suggestions.

Here is the kip info;
Printer Management 6.5.339
Vistax64 DriverVer=07/31/2007,0.3.4097.143
Software Version 1.3.56
Firmware Version n/a
Printer EPROM Q105X14B
IF Board#: 6PN-12270
Restore Image Version: PPR-IPS-XP-6.5.339-01
Hardware ID: 659247D6F9B1
MSFC: Ver. 64.23

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: KIP with Win 7 Reply with quote Back to top

The 6.5.339 version is an older version even for 6.5! KIP 6.5.485-03 is latest. That being said I would update it to latest KIp 7.2.348 for the 3000. It has compatable driver etc for Win 7.
The machine will need to be Ghosted using a kip restore DVD rom. Also Keycodes need to be re-entered and I would add ram to controller as well.

PM me if you want a quote and i'll update it.

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I wouldn't start talking about cost for upgrades and RAM without asking a few questions first.

1. What EXACTLY is the problem that is happening?
1a. Are you getting errors?
1b. Are you getting partial prints?
1c. Is this just a problem on the Vista/Win7 PCs?
1d. Are these line drawings or is this line/photo drawings?
2. How exactly are you printing? Is this direct from AutoCAD, or from Acrobat?
3. If you are using the KIP Windows Printer Driver, are you in KIPScript or KIPGL mode?

Let's start with the basics first and as much detail as possible, then we can look at the options.

geneg981

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the delay, thank you for responding.
All but 2 computers use Windows 7 Pro 64bit with SP1. The 2 computers run Win XP sp3 (x86). All computers fully up to date.
Can print almost any PDF (mainly cad files converted to pdf by architech, engineer, or me) to kip 3000 using windows XP, the xp kip 3000 driver given to us (by our printing tech company), and using kipscript, from adobe acrobat standard 9.55. Sometimes, we have to print as image (depends on the pdf).
The problem is only with Win7 computers. Almost always, pdfs will only print 1 page at a time, if at all. Most people either ask me to do it (I have an xp machine to run old software), or print 1 page at a time.
So, as far as I know, we only print pdf files to the kip. Almost always, these are cad drawings/files convert to pdf. We use adobe acrobat standard 9.55 to print (I use foxit enterprise sometimes to get it to work). The kip print driver is set by me to kipscript when I setup all computers. When the users ask for help we try print as image (150dpi), and then we try kipgl, then we try both. Or I just offer to print it via XP. I know how to install drivers on regular computers, with a keyboard. I know how to use the kip. I am clueless on anything technical with the kip. For me to update/upgrade the kip, I would need kip for dummies. Since I am only technical support, I have to get approval for any changes to the kip. Right now, I am wondering what are our options. Maybe we can purchase an used 3100 or similar?

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 Reply with quote Back to top

I would do as recommended above, have the 7.2 software updated by a reputable service organization and then it is fully Windows 7 compatible. The only issue I'd have to consider is if your 3000 serial number starts with a 1050 or a 1051. The 1050 is no longer supported by KIP and if there is any problem with the controller the machine is a boat anchor as you can't get any parts or support for them. I would imagine the 1051 serial numbers may only have a couple of years of support left in them too. That is the only reason to consider upgrading the model, as it can print with Windows 7 workstations just fine with the software updated.

geneg981

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Machine Serial Number 10515392

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: