Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

SCANNER DRIVER NO WHERE TO BE FOUND
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: SCANNER DRIVER NO WHERE TO BE FOUND Reply with quote Back to top

Scanner quit working on a 3000. No scanner listed in the device manager and there is a unknown PCI device showing(the scanner). Windows doesn't know where the scanner driver is so I'm guessing it's corupt. Before I reimage the IPS I thought I would give one of you brains a chance to correct my assumption that a reimage is necessary.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

jezebel09
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What does device manager show for the error on the scanner?

My advice would be to just reimage the system (obviously backup everything before).

The device driver inf file should allow the scanner to be found automatically, but there is something else going on.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could also try plugging the scanner into your laptop and see if that picks it up. Might help figuring if its the scanner or IPS?

My one thought of the day.

Good Luck Mark

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wish I had thought of that......Going back in the AM to continue the adventure and before I reimage the IPS I'll give your suggestion a go. Thanx!

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you go into the LED/charge assy area for a PM? Maybe, hopefully, it just came unplugged when you moved the scanner back. But, I know this would've been the first thing you checked, right?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I did PM's that would be a possibility......... Very Happy

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here is where I'm stopped at the moment. After reimaging the IPS the scanner was 100% when I left. Customer called later in the day with the scanner inop. The scanner is on the device manager no errors. The scanner is completely inop. There are several LED's on the data controller, sometimes LED1 will be green, LED3 is red most of the time. If I cycle the power sometimes the LED1 will stay green, sometimes not. Tried different USB ports on the IPS with no change. This 3000 is T&M and if I can't resolve this I'll have to tell them the part, the data controller, is $3800 which makes the machine not worth repairing. Plus I am not 100% sure that is the problem.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like the control board. If this is a 3000 1050 serial number, it is impossible to find this board unless you have a used one laying around.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a 1051xxxx. The list on this board is $3800 and the printer is T&M. I don't want to call the board bad without making sure I'm correct. I will give KIP hardware support a chance to think of something I haven't before giving the customer the "good" news.

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried connecting to your laptop with a different USB cable?

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tried that when you first suggested it. Comes up as an unrecognized usb device. This problem is screaming data control board but until I try to cover all the bases I hesitate to tell the customer

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIP support confirmed that the data control board is bad. Customer is looking at alternatives.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let me know if you need one. I have a spare.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thanx. What's the price of admission? PM me please

KipKen
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weird that i just found this post.

I have a kip 3000 doing the EXACT same thing. I replaced the lens covers (glass) with new ones and reassembled the scanner and when i booted the printer the USB driver was not found. I plugged it into my laptop with same result. The device listed in manager is SU300 - Seems odd... When i try to use the correct driver windows kindly points out that it does not contain information about my device.

Serial number is 1050XXXX Sad

I will call kip support in a bit and update you with their findings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: