Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

2050 calibration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

I recently bought a used 7000 and 2050 scanner. When making copies from the 2050 the 30, 24, and 18 inch rolls do not line up sise to side. Does someone have a manual so I can do a side to side registration adjustment, or might there be another problem.
Thank You
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Check setting for Architecture or Engineering.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Side to Side registration Reply with quote Back to top

The paper settings on the 7000 are correct. Set for Arch. Is there a calibration on the 2050 to sense original size or position relative to center?

Thank You
Alan

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming the printer is printing correctly and centered.
Try printing the test patten from the front of the machine on 36inch paper and make sure it's centered.

Back Up Data #50 is the adjustment for Horizontal Center Point for Scanning.

If you increase the setting the image on the page should move to the left giving more right side margin.

If you decrease the setting the opposite.

BUD# 46 (Plain Paper) is the vertical zoom adjustment. The bigger number increases the vert. zoom

BUD# 42 (Plain Paper) is the horizontal zoom adjustment. The bigger number increases the Horizontal zoom.

FYI. I would print out the back up list before I start in case you make a mistake.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin:
Is this adjustment you are recommending a "global" setting, or is it done separately for each roll? The 36" originals print centered on 36" paper. I have to offset 30" originals about 1.5" to the right on the feedboard to have them print centered on a 30" roll.
Thanks
Alan

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Like TXReproShop said, I think you should check the Architectural/Engineering setting on the scanner (not printer). If you are running all Arch size drawings, it should be set to Architecture.

I'm reiterating this because you did not mention if you checked this yet and looks like you checked it on the printer instead of the scanner.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You TX Repro, It was the printer format I checked. I just checked the scanner format and it is set to "A", not "B". I assume "A" is architecture.
Thank You
Alan

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the scanner go to - MENU then SETTING - then ORIGINAL FORMAT

you will then have the choice of Architectural or Engineering. Which ever format you choose will show on the screen of the scanner as AR or EN

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

My machine goes, "MENU", "SETTINGS", "ORIGINAL FORMAT". Then my choices are "A Series", and "B Series". I assume that "A" Series is architectural, and that is what it is set for.
Alan

bigal
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: 2050 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the Metric settings! Set I believe in BUD settings the scanner to English!

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

BigAl: How do I access the BackUpData settings?
Thank You
Alan

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not Big Al, but go to service mode on scanner, .135 (hold "." and press 1 3 5) You will find it under MENU - SETTINGS.

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: 2050 calibration. Reply with quote Back to top

TX Repro:
I have acessed the BUD chrt by using your entry method. What BUD setting changes the paper format under settings from metric to english.
Thank You
alan

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No. 1 Value 1 is English

No. 2 Value 0 is American English

No. 3 Value 1 is Inch

xerox_7
resident

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: 2050 calibration Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You, problem solved.
Alan
Triangle Blueprints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: