Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Don't Try This At Home Kids . . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Don't Try This At Home Kids . . . . Reply with quote Back to top

While we were wrapping up a KIP 3000 install today, an end-user was curious what would happen if he changed the language setting to Japanese. At that particular moment, I was on a workstation attempting to access the PrintNET. My password was denied. When I went to the printer, I found the end-user perplexed because some of his presets had changed in a format that was customary used in Japan. After a little investigation, the PrintNET username\password had also changed on the controller to match the japanese characters on a japanese keyboard when the language setting was changed.

I had to reinstall the IPS with a fresh copy. I then had to push the 1.2.22 firmware over the printer because when you do a reinstall from the touch screen, it loads 1.1.19. I also had to reconfigure the IP Address, and other presets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: