Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

3000 doing strange things

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
servj
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: 3000 doing strange things Reply with quote Back to top

I have a customer that sent me the following e-mail explaining what their 3000 is doing. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

John:

Strange things happening today.

Mary Beth was making 24 copies of a plat (24 x 36). She ran out of 36" paper and didn't get to the machine right away. It started printing the rest of the copies onto 24" paper (the prints made were 24" x 24"). She stopped the machine and replaced the 36" paper roll. The next print she got was 24 x 36, and the rest of the prints were 24 x 24. This has happened on occasion before and I did mention something to John Belcher, but never heard anything back on it.

Another issue -- I was running copies and one of the CAD operators was occasionally sending a drawing from the CAD system (not a plot file, but directly from CAD). I was running 24 x 36. The CAD operator was sending 22 x 36. Her drawing came out 24 x 36. I stopped running my prints and told her to send the file again and it came out OK. There have been other times when we have been using the machine for scanning or copying and when the CAD operator sends their file it takes on the characteristics of what we are doing (shading, size, etc.). This is not a constant problem since JT and I tried to recreate it and couldn't make it happen again.

Any ideas? Thanks!

tabcom
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which versions of Request (6.2 is the latest) and IPS (1.2.22 is the latest) are you currently using?

Updating to the latest versions may eliminate the issue without further head scratching involved.

KIP Dude
resident

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What version of CAD? Are they printing via .pc3 driver linked through request or windows driver? Are the .pc3 files local or on a shared drive on a server?

servj
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They are still on 6.0. They are using the .hdi driver. The pc3 file is on the workstations. I guess I will try updating to 6.2.

charred
intern

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

also, get out of the UI, go into Unattend, and in the configuration you can choose it to only rollover paper to "exact" sizes. i think the default is "closest"

servj
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have upgraded to 6.2 software and I am still having these problems. I have not seen it myself. I can only go on what the customer is telling me. Please read first post and if anyone can explain why the machine would do this I would be appreciative.

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: