Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 3100 Software Upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brettstr42
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Kip 3100 Software Upgrade Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,
New to the forum so excuse any noob mistakes. A few quick questions, I own a 3100 with Kip Queue Vew Version 6.5.0.188, "Software Version" 1.3.34, and Firmware K105SC 2.00.
How do I go about upgrading to v7 (and then to 7.2.348)? I am not a dealer and I just bought out our machine from our lease. Do I need to buy it from a dealer or Kip Directly? If not, where/how can I pick up an image to throw on a hard drive?
Also, will my current keys work on the upgraded software should I be able to procure a copy?
Thanks for the help and again, please excuse my lack of knowledge and naive-et-tee on this topic.

- Brettstr42

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You will need a 7.2 re-ghost DVD to update your IPS to 7.2. From there, you'll have to go to KIP's website to download the latest updated software for the 7.2 IPS,which is 7.2.348-01.

As for your keycodes, they will remain the same. I believe the only time it will change is if you replace the IF Card in your controller, then you will need new codes.

Last edited by dlee on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Contact the dealer you bought the printer from and ask for the keycodes.
Make no software changes without those keycodes. If you were on good terms with them I would also ask that they order the 7.2 update for you. The only charge KIP charges the dealer is shipping. It would be worth your while to find a technician (trained) in your area and allow them to do the upgrade to minimize the chance of an issue cropping up. I would think there's a tech in your area that visits this forum.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

Brettstr42
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to both of you for the information. I've already asked the dealer for the upgrade and they refuse since I bought the machine out of the lease. I can probably get the keys from them if I can't find them in the documentation I already have.
Is there no way to retrieve them from the machine itself?
I also have no issue trying the upgrade myself and if something goes wrong, reverting back to the factory image. However, I would need the software in order to attempt of course.
Any other suggestions on how to go about getting the new/upgraded software for the machine? If I got ahold of a local tech would they be able to sell it to me? Again, not sure what the protocol is with the Kip systems. Thanks.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice dealer......email KIP at [email protected] and explain the problem. If they aren't helpful PM me.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What Mark said.

You can get the Keycodes from the .ini file.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice catch Bill, forgot about the .ini

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what the OP wrote, I thought he already had the keycodes and just wondered if they'd work with the newer software. But it you don't have them, KC3 should be able to give them to you if you write and explain your situation (like Mark said). You might even be able to get a 7.2 DVD.

Also, if you do attempt to upgrade and an issue arises, I don't think you'll have the option to revert back to the 6.5 factory image, as that's deleted when you upgrade. If you have any kind of software background, upgrading should be easy. You'll need a USB DVD-Rom, set controller to launch from DVD, then let it do it's thing. But I wouldn't attempt this without having the keycodes or you'll just have a copier when your done.

Brettstr42
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the support. I'll contact KC3 and see what they can do.
I do believe that I have the codes but if not I'll check the .ini file.
Regarding the upgrade, everything is stored on the hard drive correct? Would I not be able to simply image the drive and then perform the upgrade with the assurance that should something go wrong, I can then throw that image back up and go back to business as usual? If I am missing something here please do educate me.
I'll say it again, total newbie here. Thanks for showing me the way.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The original DVD/CD might still be taped to the controller.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bet it's 6.5

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he is currently on 6.5 so the original DVD/CD would be 6.5. Hence, he's looking to obtain a 7.2 Ghost DVD.

Brettstr42: The 7.2 is an entirely new OS. Once you reghost it to 7.2 you can not simply throw the older 6.5 image back on. You would have to use the 6.5 Ghost DVD to bring it back to 6.5. So what I'm saying is that you would have no reason to go back to 6.5 unless some how you get a bad 7.2 DVD. It's the same amount of work. Anytime you reghost it, either up or down, you will still have to input your network and keycode settings.

TXReproShop
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I posted that the DVD should be there in case he wanted to go back to 6.5. Sorry for any confusion.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We all knew that....except for Mark...LOL.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm always confused about being confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: