Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

KIP 7100 Sleep Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blitsch
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: KIP 7100 Sleep Mode Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so I'm new to the forum and this is my first post! First I'd like to say thanks for having me and I am hopeful someone here can help with this problem!

I had the service guy come out to do some work on my KIP 7100 because it was ghost printing. Everything was working fine up to that point. (well there are some weird problems we've had from day one that they can't fix but it's unrelated) So he did his thing and checked for updates. He updated the software and adjusted some settings to fix the printing issue. Now the thing never goes to sleep. I contacted him and he looked at it again. Said that it should never completely shut down? So we had a discussion about it because it sits behind me every day and I know it would shut down, but he disagreed. So we kind of left it at some software changes must have caused it to loose the sleep ability!

So I've checked the settings in the configurations, I've checked the time to make sure it's right... I have it set to warm sleep at 15 min and cold sleep at 30. But this thing never shuts off. It sits in the same room as I draft in which isn't very large and keeps it at a nice 83 degrees! Can anyone help me or walk me thru how to get my sleep setting back to normal?

software version 7.4.169
firmware version K-129 1.02
Patch 7.4.794-01
IPS Unattend 7.4.0.794

I've also tried to unplug it from the network so nothing was pinging it and it still continues to run. People have talked about the unattend but I don't see that setting in the configurations or service menu? Please help me escape the heat!

pq
resident

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did this ever get resolved? If so, I'm interested in the solution.

Thanks

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When it "shut off", did you have to physically turn it back on to print or would it come back to life on it's own?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: