Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Partial Power Outage Causes Light Prints???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohaio
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Partial Power Outage Causes Light Prints??? Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, need your help again. We got three years of good prints out of following the forums recommendations.

We had a thunderstorm roll through which knocked out one leg of our 480V 3-phase electricity. The outlet our KIP 3000 was plugged in only had 70V. Would running on 70V for 24 hours cause permanent damage to the plotter?

We did get the Low Fuser Temp error when it was on 70V but it was fine after clearing the error. Just prints a lot lighter than the day before. Usually it was just light in the center. But now it is much lighter around the 12 and 24 inch mark of a 36" drawing. It is a definite line between the light and dark areas.

We tried cleaning the LEDs, corona wires, transfer roller and supply roller but it did not significantly improve the prints to pre-storm quality.

Maybe a long shot but we are at wits end. Even thought about resetting to factory defaults but don't know the consequences of doing that.

Thanks

ohaio
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a last resort, we cleaned the fuser roll and found that one side of the lamp was off the clamp. The 3 temperature sensors and thermostat were caked with dirty toner. Also, gave the LED Head a good wipe down. After 3 years, I forgot what the LED head looks like. I was cleaning the big orange LEDs. Not sure which one did the trick but the prints look great. Still a little light in the center but we are over 200K.

One question, our supply roller looks like it is a soft foam. Not same firm smooth material like transfer roller. I've seen a picture of the KIP 3100 supply roller and it looks like it has bristles, kind of like a crimped wire wheel. Not smooth like our foam roll. Do we clean our foam roll with INX or use a soft plastic bristle brush?

Please list the recommended cleaning process:
Drum
Transfer Roller
Supply Roller
Fuser Roller

Thanks

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That machine does not use a transfer roller so I'm not sure what you are talking about. The toner supply roller in version A kip 3000 is made of foam, it is a brush type in version B models. They are not interchangeable and you can only vacuum them, do not use any chemicals on them. I use the tip of my vacuum cleaner to apply pressure on it as I vacuum it side to side. Those rollers do need to be changed out, that is probably why your prints are light in the middle, that, along with the developer roller being glazed always causes light prints that start in the middle and work there way out.

ohaio
medical school freshman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks tjohnson,

You care correct, I was referring to the developer roller. In my layman's thinking, it "transfers" the toner to the drum.

When we had problems before, a couple of the guys talked about the different types of supply roller. I wasn't sure if I had a foam roller because it doesn't have all of the holes like a foam sponge. Maybe toner has filled in the holes so it looks smooth.

I'll check around to see where to buy the supply roller. With different versions out there, I want to make sure I order the right one.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just check the serial number, if it's start with 1050, it is a foam supply roller, if it's an 1051, than it's a brush roller.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: