Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Smudged or enlarged text.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Smudged or enlarged text. Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Kip folks. I have a 3000 that is either smudging or enlarging the text on 11X17 only prints. It occurs about every 2 1/2 inches down the page until the page gets about half way through then you don't see it until the next print. Don't really know where to start. Any bright ideas would be greatly appreciated. As I said above it only appears on 11X17. Anything larger and it is not there.

cezwhat
resident

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clean or replace the transfer and separation corona wires, would be where I would start.

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are running 17" paper, the chance that the 11" LE and TE moving smoothly through the paper path is very little. What could be happening is that the LE is not hitting the next set of rollers. What happens to a longer sheet is that one set of rollers pushes the LE and connects with the second set of rollers, which pulls the paper out the back. If the paper is too short to reach the second set of rollers by the time the TE is pushed through the first set of rollers, the paper buckles (bubbles upwards) and touches the drum causing the smudge or stretch of image at the contact point. Then the possibility that the drum actually pushes the LE edge into the next set of rollers to push it out of the printer or your next sheet pushes it forward. I'm surprised you don't get more jams such as paper being stuck under the drum (transport area). Try running just one sheet and see if it'll get stuck under the drum.

Have you ever tried printing "Print This Screen"? Half of the time, it doesn't even come out the exit because it is too short when printed 8.5" long.

Hope I didn't confuse you. Just a thought.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For some tests, I would try to print 11X24 or 11X36 to see if it's doing the same problem.

Also, if it's not done, I would remove the transport filter on the side, it is maybe full of dust and transport unit cannot stick the paper onto transport belt and cause a small jig on print.

Take a look at the fuser entrance (remove right panel) and watch if the paper doesn't hit something in the transport/fusing entrance.

Give us some news

graphic
medical school grad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I don't know how to explain it but the problem is fixed. Had to go to the account for a different problem today and after cleaning the developer roller, the problem is gone. Don't know why. Kip swore it was a paper transport issue but I don't know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 3000 and 3100 All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: