Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Fuji Xerox Launches World's Fastest Wide-Format Color Inkjet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Fuji Xerox Launches World's Fastest Wide-Format Color Inkjet Reply with quote Back to top

Fuji Xerox Launches World's Fastest Wide-Format Color Inkjet Printer
DocuWide C842
The DocuWide C842 is capable of printing on various sizes and types of paper including a maximum of 42-inch wide-format
Link below for image.

http://news.fujixerox.com/image_library/detail/_imgid_000221/

Acording to Xerox this is the future and end of wide format toner...........
well i can tell you guys there is no need to panic! Trials here have proved this tech is very frail! ink on plain paper is dull and not water fast. Promised speeds are lost when any quality is required. Coated papers are nessacery to achive any print quality. Blocked nosssles are a major issue! wasted ink on multiple cleans.... i could go on and on......

So far they have only released this product into the Asia pacfic region! Guinea pigs in the Pacific!........... [/u]

cjwilt
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for sharing.

Did you do a trial on this or is this just what you're hearing from others? Just wondering.

Thanks

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just did the currency calculation and this thing retails at $69,000 to $74,000 dollars. I don't see a market for this.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HP had that kind of technology for Color production copier but they stop it cause of too much problem with it.

Tinyminime
medical school grad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Memjet! Good idea but a bad fundimental concept. Reply with quote Back to top

Our wonderful friends at Xerox have given various customers of ours these machines for trialing.
They beleive they will replace the c7800 and Kc80 machines.
One of my customers gave us a free play with the machines. I can say the Kips are pretty safe !
Xerox are dropping the cost per print to match the cost of the Kips but still the results on plain paper is very poor, the moment you have to use coated papers then the price almost doubles... and its still not water resistant and UV stable like toner!

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Memjet! Good idea but a bad fundimental concept. Reply with quote Back to top

Tinyminime wrote:
Our wonderful friends at Xerox have given various customers of ours these machines for trialing.
They beleive they will replace the c7800 and Kc80 machines.
One of my customers gave us a free play with the machines. I can say the Kips are pretty safe !
Xerox are dropping the cost per print to match the cost of the Kips but still the results on plain paper is very poor, the moment you have to use coated papers then the price almost doubles... and its still not water resistant and UV stable like toner!

Very good to know !! Thanks for the info.

GR81
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is one of three machine that will all be released about the same time.
This Xerox, the Oce (or Canon Solutions America) Velocity, and the Memjet Vortex 4200.
They are all based off of the Memjet technology.
All three machines will be at the Print show in Chicago this fall.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP Rumors All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: