Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

7900 Orange Peel in Center of Drum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueprintguys
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: 7900 Orange Peel in Center of Drum Reply with quote Back to top

We are on our 3rd drum with this same problem. We get an orange peel effect in the center of the drum. The ends look brand new, but the middle 24' or so, is orange peeled all the way around. The drum surface is damage and it will not clean off. Any ideas on how to fix this?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've asked the same question and haven't really received an answer. Here's the link to my post:

http://www.kipforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=4860&highlight=

Same thing as what you are getting but I haven't really noticed image quality issues, just don't why the drum get's the orange peal affect.

blueprintguys
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Orange Peel on 7900 drum Reply with quote Back to top

The image quality issues show up on half size prints more than full size. Especially if there are shaded areas on the drawings. My Konica service tech said that Konica has had the problem on their wide formats and they were investigating it. Maybe we will have a solution soon.

KIPDOCTOR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We can remove this orange peel for you. We have a new process that cleans these drums like brand new.

Send them to us and we will do them and send them back quickly.
Email me for more info.
[email protected]

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve can you PM me a price?

dlee
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's a set price, why not just share with us what the cost is...lol. No need for PMs, unless special pricing for different people.... Laughing

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He probably charges me double

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I'm the one that pays double.
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why don't you just polish it ?? (maybe you tried it) cause it work for me.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got one 7900 and it has the same issue. About every 300k I have to clean whatever this gunk is off the drum. Anyone have any more information on the this issue?

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

we are on investigation right now with some of our customers.

We've seen that the cleaning roller in not uniform between the center and the sides after a while.....maybe that cause the problem on the drum.

Since we don't change drum often in those machine, we don't even change the cleaning roller. But for our tests, we polish the drum AND change the cleaning roller and see in few weeks what happen.

We'll let you know

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sly, you may be on to something. The orange peel on the drum looks like the texture of the cleaning roll.

slyman
doctor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your right Mark, that why we expecting the cleaning roll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> Kip 7000 discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: