Welcome to the KeepItPrinting.com forums! The doctor is IN.

Your business can be seen here! Prime spots available!

Please consider making a voluntary donation if you find these forums helpful. Thank you.
Home of the Kip Doctor!            REGISTER: In order to register for our forums please send an E mail to [email protected] stating what user                                                               name and password you would like. This is now required due to all the spambots that have been registering.
KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index KeepItPrinting.com
The "unofficial' and "unauthorized" KIP info site.

Kip 700 won't always print a single pdf page from group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gocubs27
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Kip 700 won't always print a single pdf page from group Reply with quote Back to top

Our Kip700 won't always let me print a single page out of a multi-page pdf. For example - if the pdf is 16 pages, but I only need pages 4 and 5. I'll enter this info as the page range and then it will say Invalid range and won't print. I have tried to just print 1 page, same thing. I can print the entire 16 pages though. However, on other pdf's, I can choose the pages I need and it prints just fine. I have looked at the properties of the different pdf files and can't see anything glaring that would make them different. Has anyone else had this problem? How do print shops do it? They can't possibly print the entire document just to give us the 1 or 2 pages we need. They must have a work around.
Any help would be appreciated.
Also, I do all this thru Kip Request as we have never been able to print pdf's from our File==print option.

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In Request right click on the .pdf file
Then select Convert Tagged to
Choose .tif , choos save option location
It will break the .pdf file into individual .tif pages
Select the .tif pages you want in Request and print

gocubs27
dreaming of medical school

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

THANK YOU!! This worked perfectly and saved me a lot of aggravation!
You are a lifesaver!!

Thanks again!

tjohnson
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chillin, you are da man!

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Your welcome.
That's and old trick from when .pdf's were not that popular and most customers did not buy the .pdf option.

mark in vegas
doctor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So now you're turning old tricks....?
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain

CHILLIN
doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Old tricks, young tricks whatever it takes to make a buck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KeepItPrinting.com Forum Index -> KIP 700 Discussions All times are GMT - 3.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: